Aware IM Features
Aware IM offers a very rich set of features to build web applications. You can see features below grouped by category. Click on the category to see the features.
- Users only need an Internet browser such as Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Firefox and others to operate their applications. No additional software is required to be downloaded or installed.
- Aware IM automatically generates an intuitive user interface so that even users with no special training (like external customers of an organization) can use Aware IM applications.
- Aware IM can be deployed on a local area network, on the Internet or in the cloud.
- Aware IM can work in an office without Internet connectivity. Users in the office can access their applications via local area network using an Internet browser.
- Aware IM applications can be easily integrated with existing web sites of an organization.
In addition to the native support of the above-mentioned databases (where Aware IM automatically creates and modifies database tables according to the definitions of business objects) Aware IM can also work with any existing database that has a JDBC driver or with data stored in Active Directory/LDAP server.
- It is possible to configure an application or study an existing one in isolation from any database.
- Operational data is not affected by changes in configuration.
- New versions of application configuration can be applied on top of the existing operational data.
- Application configuration can be easily searched to see where a particular element is used. For example, which document template includes the client’s name, when the customer registration e-mail is sent, etc.
- The integrity checker uncovers consistency problems in the application. For example, a document template that includes a data element that has been deleted will be automatically detected before the application is made operational.
- When a data element is renamed the change is automatically made to all parts of the application where the element is used, including other data elements, forms, rules, reports, document templates etc.
- A context assistant suggests applicable data elements and keywords when business rules are being entered or edited. In many cases the context assistant allows creating a rule simply by pointing and clicking.
- Access restrictions based on categories of users allow selecting, on a very detailed level, which data is available to users of different categories.
- Access restrictions based on data ownership restrict users other than the data owner from viewing/changing the owner’s data. For example, staff members may be allowed to change their own details but not those of other staff members; customers may be allowed to change their own details, but not even see details of other customers.
- Aware IM automatically makes data read-only or removes it from data forms altogether based on data access restrictions for a particular user.
- Automatically generated forms have professional look and feel.
- A variety of useful widgets such as calendar controls, drop-downs, indicators of required fields are automatically generated.
- Scripts validating user input are automatically generated and included with the forms.
- Tabs are automatically generated when a large form is split into separate sections to allow users to switch directly to the desired section of the form.
- Wizard-like forms are automatically generated when it is necessary to guide users through all sections of the form in the required order.
- Order of elements on the form, number of columns and optional separators can be specified.
- Portals to show related data are automatically generated and include buttons to link, unlink and navigate to the related data (see also Automatic relationships).
- Pop-up dialogs are fully supported.
The appearance of the application can also be optionally customized for different categories of users. Aware IM allows various level of customization, from colors and fonts to completely different look and feel including different data forms, menu, operations, etc.
Documents / Email
- Nested grouping of data with summaries for each group. For example, a time-tracking report for an organization arranged by departments, teams within departments and individuals within teams.
- Sub-reports including nested sub-reports. For example, a report on customers where data for each customer includes a list of orders placed by the customer and each order has a list of order line items.
- Conditional aggregate operations. For example, a report on customers where data for each customer includes a total amount for all orders placed by the customer and shipped by a certain date.
- Conditional data presentation where the same report field can show data differently depending on some conditions specified for the field. For example, account balance can be shown in black if it is positive, red if it is negative or shown as a special icon if it is zero.
- Charts, including bar, area, line, pie charts, support for data series.
- Placeholders for data (like client name) to be taken from the database and inserted into the generated document (also known as “mail or document merge”).
- Placeholders for related data to be shown as lists in the generated document. For example, a customer letter may include details of all orders of the customer.
- Conditions indicating when a particular section of the template should be included into the generated document.
- Sub-documents to improve structure and formatting of complex templates.
- Subject and body of an e-mail may include placeholders for data (like client name) to be taken from the database and inserted into the e-mail.
- E-mail attachments can be specified as document templates, which are automatically converted into personalized documents when e-mail is sent.
Runtime Builder allows developers to include their own license, product name, copyright and documentation into the installation package. A customer simply needs to run the installation program to start using the bundled application.
Aware IM also offers an XML interface to the back-end server. If you want you can write your own custom user interface to your application and use Aware IM as a back-end platform only – manage data, execute rules etc.