Tips n' Techniques: Steps for changing default folder name

Contains tips for configurators working with Aware IM
Sergej

Post by Sergej »

The only way to upgrade to new versions in that case is to manually search and replace values every time when new build is realized?
AwareIM 5.1a build 1454, Debian 64bit , MySQL
Sergej

Post by Sergej »

Hi!
Does forgotten password functionality work in awareim system when default foldername is change.
Accessing it I get HTTP Status 404. http://49.6.23.43:7070/newfoldername/lo ... domainname
AwareIM 5.1a build 1454, Debian 64bit , MySQL
RocketRod

Mobile

Post by RocketRod »

Support does anything need to be changed as well for aware.js in the aware_ext_mobile folder?

Cheers Rod
BobK

Post by BobK »

Yes, you need to make changes to aware.js in aware_ext_mobile.

See supports answer in
www.awareim.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4671
Bob
RocketRod

Post by RocketRod »

Thanks Bob I will check it out.

Cheers Rod
RocketRod

Post by RocketRod »

Made of all the changes. Everything works except in one area on the mobile device.

When uploading a picture on an Android phone I get the error:

Unable to retrieve document BO.Attribute in BO.

The picture actually uploads ok but does not display in the form. However if I exit the form then re open it I see the picture!

Support is this a bug in the latest version which I have just moved to or have I not done something incorrect in the renaming process?

Release 1549 on windows.
RocketRod

Post by RocketRod »

Support any ideas of where to start?

Cheers Rod
hpl123

Permanent change?

Post by hpl123 »

Support,
I am a user who also wants to change the default folder name but i understand there are quite a few changes to make and also i have to make these changes every time there is a new Aware IM version.
Can´t you instead change the folder name on your side so the default folder name already is something "neutral" e.g. "AIM", "AIMNET", "A", "SYSTEM" (other users might have other/better suggestions?) or something else that conceals the origin of the application (at least to some extent, i know its possible to figure out the origin if you dig a little bit but this would at least conceal it a little better so it doesn´t "stand out" quite as much). This would help a lot i think as there seems to be many users who wants/needs this "feature".

For me this is an important part in protecting an application (intellectual property).

I hope you will consider this. Thanks in advance.
Regards Henrik
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

If you have a developer license and build a runtime you can specify the name of the folder during this process. All the changes will be done automatically.
Aware IM Support Team
hpl123

Hosted applications

Post by hpl123 »

Hi support,
Yes i know about the option to do this when building runtime. I will host all applications on my server (s) and this is really where i would want this change.

Thanks, regards Henrik
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Then you will have to do it manually as described here - it's not too hard
Aware IM Support Team
hpl123

Ok

Post by hpl123 »

Ok, no problem. Will do. Just thought this would make it easier for me/we who want to do this change.
Thanks, regards Henrik
hpl123

Problem?

Post by hpl123 »

kbskilehrer wrote:Here is an UPATE on the ‘Change default folder’ process.

Please note the latest post on this process by aware_support (Posted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:19 pm)

Step: 3. Open the file aware.js located in C:\AwareIM\Tomcat\webapps\newfoldername\aware_ext, search for AwareIM and replace it with newfoldername

Today I have installed version 5.1a (built 1444) and noticed the aware.js file has changed. I this built you can no longer simply do a search and replace of the word ‘AwareIM’ in this file.
The aware.js file now contains several references to ‘….AwareApp.AwareIMViewport….’. Do not replace ‘AwareIM’ in these references with your newFoldername.

First I did change these references and as a result I was no longer able to login to my application.
Support, is this a problem? I have followed the outlined instructions and replaced all "AwareIM" text in the files mentioned but read this comment after the fact. What to do? Still a problem?
Thanks
Henrik (V8 Developer Ed. - Windows)