Best approach for FORM with Query Inside

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
ninap

Best approach for FORM with Query Inside

Post by ninap »

Hi guys/ladies,

i have been asked by a colleague if this was possible and I wanted to ask the pro's before confirming.

We need a form which opens on Edit of the Customer object but shows the last quiz's results so they can be compared. And we can enter the new results in a column next to it.

So the layout is; Each quiz is on a specific date so the column would be the Date (Result) and the Row is that Customer.

We have an object called Customer & Quiz -Customer's can take many Quiz's.

Approach:

It seems this would have to be built as a Custom Presentation I assume?
But has anyone built a customer presentation which Queried data, put it in a Data Grid inside a Form on Edit?

txs, nina p :)
customaware

Re: Best approach for FORM with Query Inside

Post by customaware »

Can you please draw a picture Nina?
Cheers,
Mark
ninap

Post by ninap »

hi, txs for your reply

here is the idea.

http://s15.postimg.org/kn34egxy3/form.jpg

The quiz results are from 3 other dates. We can enter the new results in the form.

txs, nina ;)
customaware

Post by customaware »

I can think of a couple of ways to do it Nina.

Create a BO with the following attributes...

Question
Value1
Value3
Value3
Today

You will need to display the Today Value in the same Reference Query on the form otherwise it will not scroll in sync with the other three values.
I suspect you want to enter this data quickly so you can set Today to inline editing.

You can easily generate the Question records and populate with the values from the last three dates.

Make this BO a Reference Attribute in the main BO (the Customer BO) And then you can display it on the same Form as Customer.

For similar things I have used a Custom Reference Query but that will not work in your case.

HTH
Cheers,
Mark
ninap

Post by ninap »

hi,

txs for the reply. I am a bit confused so let me restate the Usecase to make sure it clear. And also I can try to take it baby step by baby step to make sure I understand.

Our usecase:

We have customers who take tests. We would love to show the results per Question in a Data Grid on the same form where we are taking the NEW Test Results.

a Customer takes between 3-10 Tests
each Test can be 20-30 Questions.
each Test question has a numeric result.
each Test as a Date (MM/DD/YYYY)

Is your approach;

create an Object per Test Question? have them Owned by Test and the Customer Owns Test
i.e. Customer -> Test -> Question1,2,3,4,5,6,7

So we would have 20 objects called Question1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 etc?

in each Question object we would store the Results from each "Date" a test was taken?

txs, nina
ninap

Post by ninap »

Hi,

I tried to follow what you said and ended up here so far;

http://chilp.it/fb3918a

This is a sample BSV called quiz.

Customers take Tests and Tests are many Quiz's (Questions and Answers)

I could not grasp how you intended on getting the Quiz Questions in a Data Grid (With the Dates in the Column Headers).

I tried a Object Group but stopped as I do not understand the Object approach and process which you mention to get the data in the Quiz object

txs again, nina