Internationalization and Multi-Lingual Sites

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
eyeargan

Post by eyeargan »

Hello,

I live in a bilingual country, so I need to make my site available in at least French and English. This raises the issue of not only translating field labels, but also all of the objects that serve as data sources for my drop down combo boxes.

Do you have any idea how to attack this problem or how it is handled generally?

Thanks,
Erik
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

The operation mode supports French (the information is in the User Guide). However, Aware IM does not support running the same application in different languages. So you would need two applications (two business spaces) running effectively the same application. You would need to translate the labels used in the Configuration Tool, choices etc in the French version of the application.

You can then provide a startup page with the choice of the language, which will then re-direct to the appropriate application.
Aware IM Support Team
eyeargan

2 BSV on 1 SQL Database

Post by eyeargan »

Although Users will switch languages for the interface, they need to access the same database.

How is this done?

Thanks
eyeargan

Post by eyeargan »

After re-reading the posts in the topic on Internationalization, I recall that you are working on this. I look forward to hearing about the new function when it is ready. Thanks