Process with DISPLAY QUESTION - how to make it work?

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
lueu

Process with DISPLAY QUESTION - how to make it work?

Post by lueu »

I am struggeling with making a process with a DISPLAY QUESTION work as I want it to. The question is if the user wants to proceed. If the user answers 'yes', it proceedes as wanted, but the same happens if you answer 'No'. 'Cancel' cancels the process as it should, but I still have all three buttons 'yes', 'no, 'cancel' on the dialog box, and someone will choose 'No' if it is an option. So- I either need to get rid of the 'No' option, or make the process stop if user answer is 'No'. Any help will be highly appriciated.
PointsWell

Re: Process with DISPLAY QUESTION - how to make it work?

Post by PointsWell »

Create a sub process.

Code: Select all

IF question.reply=‘Yes’ THEN SubProcess
The. If user select Yes the subprocess runs. If the user selects No the process comes to an end.
lueu

Post by lueu »

Hmm, I tried that, but the subporcess is for some reason not running if I do it like this. Both 'yes', 'no' and 'cancel' does nothing. If I change it to "IF question.reply='No' THEN DISPLAY MESSAGE 'xxx' ELSE SubProcess" it workes as described earlier; subprocess runs both on clikcing yes and no. So maybe I've done something wrong with my question attribute? I put it in my SessionObj, could that a problem?
PointsWell

Post by PointsWell »

lueu wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:09 am So maybe I've done something wrong with my question attribute? I put it in my SessionObj, could that a problem?
What do you mean by this?

The code should be

Code: Select all

DISPLAY QUESTION ‘Do you want to continue?’
IF Question.Reply=‘Yes’ THEN SubProcess
What are you putting into SessionObj?
lueu

Post by lueu »

PointsWell wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:31 am

What do you mean by this?

What are you putting into SessionObj?
By this I mean that I thought I needed to make my own question attribute. I thought all the examples I've been reading just used "question.reply" as just an example, like "YourBO.YourAttribute"... :oops:

Thanks so much for clearifying this for me, and sorry for my slow brain :shock: It now works like a charm!