If you think that something doesn't work in Aware IM post your message here
Jhstephenson

Tab not working on attribute

Post by Jhstephenson »

I have a strange situation.

On a form I have a number of date attributes that look like this:
pd_case_dates.png
pd_case_dates.png (9.97 KiB) Viewed 6391 times
Everything works great except for when I try to tab on the 'Date Filed' attribute. Nothing happens. The cursor doesn't move and the only way to get to the next field is to click on it.

So, I thought maybe I just needed to delete it and then add it back in.

I deleted that attribute and then put it into test mode. Now the attribute labeled 'Date Appointed' acts just like the 'Date Filed' one did. I can click on the field, I can enter data, or select from the Date Control, but I cannot tab off of the attribute.

So, I add the 'Date Filed' attribute back to the form. Now the 'Date Appointed' attribute works just like it should. I can tab into it, I can tab out of it. Just like I would want.

But, the 'Date Filed' attribute acts just like it did before. I cannot tab past it. The only way out of it is to click on the next attribute.

Any thoughts on what might be happening here?

Thanks,
Jim
Jaymer

Re: Tab not working on attribute

Post by Jaymer »

Jim, there are 3 or 4 date-type widgets, which one are you using?
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL
Jhstephenson

Post by Jhstephenson »

It is set right now to 'Date Control'. I tried changing it to 'Date Picker with Masked Input' but it did not make any difference.

Interesting though... I just tried setting it to 'Native Browser Control' and it works like it should.
Jhstephenson

Post by Jhstephenson »

Let me take that back. It isn't working with the 'Native Browser Control'. But only on that one attribute.