FR - phpBB improvements

On this forum you can see a list of new features requested by users and you can also cast your own vote (you need to login to vote).
PointsWell

FR - phpBB improvements

Post by PointsWell »

While I have argued that phpBB is not the best knowledge management mechanism indeed forums themselves being Satan's content creator there do seem to be a few add ins that might improve usability
PointsWell

Precise Similar Topics

Post by PointsWell »

https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/exte ... ar_topics/

Atttach a list of posts with similar titles to the bottom of posts (which would make searching for related issues less painful maybe)
Last edited by PointsWell on Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PointsWell

RH Tag

Post by PointsWell »

Tags, could use the Functions and Actions list as a default list, with users able to add their own additional tags. Would allow for the auto categorisation of topics and make things easier to find (assuming users apply the discipline to add tags)

https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/exte ... opic_tags/
PointsWell

Best Answer

Post by PointsWell »

Ability to mark a post as best answer

https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/exte ... st_answer/

nb - the v3.3 extension is in the works so wouldn't work with 3.3 install
joben

Re: FR - phpBB improvements

Post by joben »

Requesting a "thank you" button visible below each reply with a counter and/or list of users who thanked the replier or poster. Also a counter visible beside the user with "thanks given" and "thanks received". This is far more relevant than post count imo :D
I have seen it on other phpBB forums and it seems to have a positive effect on the community.

I would consider posting more tricks if I knew that they did in fact come in handy for other users.
Regards, Joakim

PointsWell

Post by PointsWell »

joben wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:04 pm I would consider posting more tricks if I knew that they did in fact come in handy for other users.
Truth
tford

Post by tford »

I would consider posting more tricks if I knew that they did in fact come in handy for other users.
I've posted a lot of tips over my years in Aware IM land. While some posts didn't get much comment traction early on, over time comments were made either on the forums or by PM that confirmed people appreciated the tips.

Please don't let the lack of a "Thank you" button hold you back from posting tips!

Thanks in advance for posting your next tip!!
Tom - V8.8 build 3137 - MySql / PostGres