better filtering for kendogrids

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
swiftinitpvtltd

better filtering for kendogrids

Post by swiftinitpvtltd »

https://demos.telerik.com/kendo-ui/grid ... checkboxes
Has anyone done this kind of filtering?
swiftinitpvtltd

Re: better filtering for kendogrids

trying to get this-
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/492 ... mn-filters

{ field: "age" ,filterable:{ multi: true} }

tried-

widget.columns[2].filterable=' {multi: true} ';
johntalbott

Post by johntalbott »

widget.columns[2].filterable.multi = true
VocalDay Solutions - Agility - Predictability - Quality

We specialize in enabling business through the innovative use of technology.

AwareIM app with beautiful UI/UX - https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/crfUrrVeB3t
swiftinitpvtltd

Thank you! I tried this but I do not see a drop-down as filter instead of contains and other filters. May be its because of version of kendo in aware.
For example if there is a country column, I need to have country dropdown filter(automatic) at top as a filter with unique values from that column row values. It works in telerik site sample.
bssxfire8

Post by bssxfire8 »

I got it to work by putting this in the Initialization script: config.columns[3].filterable= {multi: true};

The column had to have the filter button in the column header.
Jaymer

Post by Jaymer »

bssxfire8 wrote:I got it to work by putting this in the Initialization script: config.columns[3].filterable= {multi: true};

@bss
So, this works as desired in the first post?
What is the performance on a real dB table?
Does it go back to the dB to find these unique values, or only show unique’s from what’s on the page (ie. If Aware is paging and has 50 recs on Page 1, do the unique values come from only Page 1)?
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL
bssxfire8

Post by bssxfire8 »

Jaymer wrote: So, this works as desired in the first post?
What is the performance on a real dB table?
Does it go back to the dB to find these unique values, or only show unique’s from what’s on the page (ie. If Aware is paging and has 50 recs on Page 1, do the unique values come from only Page 1)?
So I really just set it up as a quick test to see if it functions and it does-ish.
My biggest gripe with it is that the sorting is wonky. The results sort however the grid is sorted.

Performance wise I just tested it on a test table of mine with duplicated data from a real one and it was crap. It took 16 seconds to run through the table which is an inventory catalog with 27000 rows and 310 distinct values in the column I tested.

It does go and find all the unique values in the table for that column even if you paging 50 of the 27000 recs at a time.

This is a message from the Kendo UI document that I assume is relevant to the performance issue:
If you have enabled the columns.multi option and your Grid uses serverPaging (or ServerOperations(true) when using the MVC wrappers) you will need to provide columns.filterable.dataSource. Otherwise, a negative impact on the performance could be observed.
I was going to explore its suggestion a bit further.
Jaymer

Post by Jaymer »

bssxfire8 : great. thx for checking into this
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL
swiftinitpvtltd

bssxfire8 wrote:I got it to work by putting this in the Initialization script: config.columns[3].filterable= {multi: true};

Hi bssxfire8
config.columns[3].filterable= {multi: true};
this works really great with large dataset(500k rows) but one issue I have is I have dropdowns in grid that are done via shortcut and another BO(for example city dropdown coming from city BO and with that it shows CityID CityName in the filter list and aware can not filter this and If this works with dropdown my client will be really happy with the filtering large dataset as current filter is kind of less helpful when you have many columns and want to search by city, country etc. then you have to type correctly