Displaying a description of a query with the query results

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
ask180

Displaying a description of a query with the query results

Post by ask180 »

Hi,

My users would like (if possible) for a textual description of a query (eg: This query lists details of .....) to be displayed with the query results, say between the panel header and the grid that lists the matches. I can't see a query setting to achieve this. Does anyone know if this is possible?

The query doesn't prompt for search criteria, so I don't need to use a form. I was wondering whether it would make sense to check the Use Form option, and only have the textual description on that.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
PointsWell

Re: Displaying a description of a query with the query resul

Post by PointsWell »

ask180 wrote:Hi,

My users would like (if possible) for a textual description of a query (eg: This query lists details of .....) to be displayed with the query results, say between the panel header and the grid that lists the matches. I can't see a query setting to achieve this. Does anyone know if this is possible?

The query doesn't prompt for search criteria, so I don't need to use a form. I was wondering whether it would make sense to check the Use Form option, and only have the textual description on that.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
You could place that in the header, but this would be manual so you'd need to remember to change it if you change the query criteria
Screen Shot 2020-09-11 at 11.36.43.png
Screen Shot 2020-09-11 at 11.36.43.png (85.69 KiB) Viewed 4865 times
ask180

Post by ask180 »

Interesting thought. I'll experiment with your approach. Thanks for your quick response.
BLOMASKY

Post by BLOMASKY »

and remember, you can use an attribute from a BO, in pointy brackets, so your heading could be:

This is a query for <<LoggedInRegularUser.queryDescription>> Assuming that you had a process that updated that field.

Bruce
ask180

Post by ask180 »

Bruce, I'll explore that suggestion as well. Thanks.