Aware IM hosting on upcloud / AWS for production app

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
swiftinitpvtltd

Aware IM hosting on upcloud / AWS for production app

Post by swiftinitpvtltd »

Is anyone using upcloud for aware IM production hosting- I know its good but not sure about long term stability. I can use azure or AWS(both are kind of same types). Other than these and godaddy, Upcloud is there anything else better out there in terms of pricing/stability/features?
hpl123

Re: Aware IM hosting on upcloud / AWS for production app

Post by hpl123 »

I am not sure where you are based, I am based in Europe and have used Eukhost.com for 10 years and have always worked like clockwork without issues, good support, cheap prices (long time since I did comparisons with other vendors though). I am not sure if they have data centers in UK/EU only or in other parts of the world as well.

I am interested in AWS though and mainly the dynamic scaling parts i.e does this work with/for Aware? One of the negative things with "normal" dedicated servers is "fixed" hardware. Can anyone using AWS confirm dynamic scaling works with Aware? (dynamic scaling meaning the server hardware is not fixed but scale up/down based on load etc.) and if it works, is it indefinately i.e the server scale up to handle any load or how does it work?
Henrik (V8 Developer Ed. - Windows)
swiftinitpvtltd

Post by swiftinitpvtltd »

Thank you.
This is what I need as well-
"Can anyone using AWS confirm dynamic scaling works with Aware?"
I think aws and azure both have this feature but not sure how aware works in this. May be its just scaling the load and whatever comes in it scales based on if you have 100 users vs 10k users.
customaware

Post by customaware »

We have migrated all of our servers over to Upcloud from AWS.

Nearlt twice as fast and nearly 1/2 the cost. Happy with the service,
Cheers,
Mark