Which features do you want in the next release?

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
Pomegranate

Re: Which features do you want in the next release?

Post by Pomegranate »

The ability to run FIND actions in real time and see the results would be awesome :)

Like writing an SQL query on SQL clients and instantly getting back the results,
rocketman

Post by rocketman »

1. An AwareIM licensing server so we can migrate our licenses without the need to manually request.
Purely so that when its 1:00am on Saturday..we have a method. :)

+1 .... I can do this with just about every other piece of software I use. And this current virus crisis reminds me that none of us are immortal
Rocketman

V8.7 Developer Edition. Server 2016 Standard edition. MySql 5.5
RLJB

Post by RLJB »

Allow the "Timeout Page" field in the BSV settings panel to accept a dynamic field, for example <<SystemSettings.LoginPage>>

Rod. Aware 8.6 (latest build), Developer Edition, on OS Linux (Ubuntu) using GUI hosted on AWS EC2, MYSQL on AWS RDS
BobK

Post by BobK »

Pomegranate wrote:The ability to run FIND actions in real time and see the results would be awesome :)

Like writing an SQL query on SQL clients and instantly getting back the results,
The following is not exactly what you are asking for, but it is close.

This is just a main idea, the specifics are left to you.

Create a BO with a Plain Text field for entering the FIND you wish to test.

Create a process that uses EXEC_STRING to execute your FIND. The action would be like:
EXEC_STRING YourBO.YourTextField

I couple of ideas to keep in mind.
1) Use DISPLAY instead of FIND. FIND will find the records but not display them. DISPLAY will find and display the records.
2) There is no way to control which attributes of the found records are displayed.

Hope this helps
Bob
PointsWell

Expand Input Mask Expressions

Post by PointsWell »

I learned today that input masks are not regex expressions. https://www.awareim.com/forum/viewtopic ... 791#p53791

They also don't have a HEX option.

Ideally they should be expanded to include Hex numbers (and potentially any other formats that are omitted at the moment - but I haven't come across these yet so can't comment on what those missing items may be). Or alternatively have the option to specify via regex.
yahya

Post by yahya »

Custom CSS seems to be proving more problematic especially when you trying to build mobile friendly, even when trying to utilise the Custom CSS that is available with the demos, forms do not line up, and it just seems as if a person has to just keep to basic text styling in for the Custom themes.
AwareIM Developer edition. Version 8.5 (Build 2827) running on Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard
yahya

Post by yahya »

karelh wrote:Hi

Based on my post below I would like to see better mobile apps support from AIM. Ionic (https://ionicframework.com/) is a really good and comprehensive platform that can be fully managed via CLI. They provide cross-platform apps with access to a lot of native features i.e. identity vault, biometric access, storage for offline apps, calendar etc. They do have the option to convert Cordova/PhoneGap apps to their framework through Capacitor (https://capacitor.ionicframework.com/).

If the work to add a new framework is not possible for the next release perhaps just support for another platform equal or better than PhoneGap Build i.e. Monaca.

https://www.awareim.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=11531

Thanks.
Is this able to be integrated with AwareIM?
AwareIM Developer edition. Version 8.5 (Build 2827) running on Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard
PointsWell

Was Changed To Defined/Undefined

Post by PointsWell »

Would like to see the WAS CHANGED TO options to include Defined and Undefined.

Using Undefined at the moment gives an error that value must be another BO.

Using Defined doesn’t give an error but I still need to test it.
Gabbitas

Question instead of information?

Post by Gabbitas »

Perhaps I haven’t thought this through enough or I’m missing the point with it but I find the following error message very unhelpful and unintuitive to the user when it is thrown:

“ Customer has been changed by another user. Please get the latest version of the data and try the operation again.”

The user then has to reload the form and try whichever operation it was again. Surely it would be better if that message was instead a question with a yes/no response and said:

“ Customer has been changed by another user. Would you like to get the latest version of the data and try the operation again?”

If the user clicks yes then the form is refreshed and the operation automatically called again. If the user clicks no then no worries!
Gabbitas

Post by Gabbitas »

Would be great to have more control of placement of 'operations with records' on a grid.

For example I have the 'Create menu button for operations' selected to yes and this menu is displayed in a column to the right of a grid but I have operations to re-order the list defined and I would like to place these separately on the grid to left hand side. Or sometimes it would be nice to have an individual operation displayed in a column outside of the menu button while all others are grouped inside the menu button.

Thanks