Current status of Calendar Sync from Aware?

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
Jaymer

Current status of Calendar Sync from Aware?

Post by Jaymer »

It’s been 3 years since this post announced integration with Cronofy.
They still have a 20-user developer FREE account, but now a min $100/month fee for up to 100 users.

Currently, I have a need for MS Office 365 sync. Only 30 users though.
If anyone has done this outside of Cronofy I might be interested in purchasing some code.

Is Cronofy an acceptable solution? Anyone happy with it?
Alternatives?

Thx
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL
Jaymer

Re: Current status of Calendar Sync from Aware?

Post by Jaymer »

Cronofy anyone?
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL
RLJB

Post by RLJB »

Also interested in hearing if anyone is using this, and how robust it is? How do you have it set-up and working?

Anyone, anyone... anyone? (Bueller ?)

We have a current client need for about 90 users, but it MUST be robust.

FYI we tried the Google Cal sync about 5 years ago and it wasn't really robust, lotsa tickets and we tried really hard to make it work with about 300 users. In the end we scrapped it as a feature as we just couldn't get it working to production satisfaction.
Rod. Aware 8.6 (latest build), Developer Edition, on OS Linux (Ubuntu) using GUI hosted on AWS EC2, MYSQL on AWS RDS
PointsWell

Post by PointsWell »

RLJB wrote:Also interested in hearing if anyone is using this, and how robust it is? How do you have it set-up and working?

Anyone, anyone... anyone? (Bueller ?)

We have a current client need for about 90 users, but it MUST be robust.

FYI we tried the Google Cal sync about 5 years ago and it wasn't really robust, lotsa tickets and we tried really hard to make it work with about 300 users. In the end we scrapped it as a feature as we just couldn't get it working to production satisfaction.
Rod, Are you looking for synch or just CalDAV - ie. published calendar or an updatable calendar? I don't have a solution but am looking for something to do CalDAV publishing - there are some external solutions but they are file based not DB.
RLJB

Post by RLJB »

Good question, so here is the described need:

1. Aware built app has a cal and we create bookings in the cal in the Aware app

2. Each user would like these bookings auto-sync'd to their Outlook cal, because:

- they access that to drive their lives
- they are in it daily (and may not be in the Aware app daily)
- they access it on their phone for convenience

So it needs to be more a Sync than just a published cal.
Rod. Aware 8.6 (latest build), Developer Edition, on OS Linux (Ubuntu) using GUI hosted on AWS EC2, MYSQL on AWS RDS
customaware

Post by customaware »

I am probably incorrect but I was certainly of the understanding that the only way to get true reliable calendar sync across devices for Outlook was with Exchange.???
Cheers,
Mark
RLJB

Post by RLJB »

probably incorrect but I was certainly of the understanding
how do you know you've been in Asia too long?
RLJB

Post by RLJB »

Bump.

Is anyone doing a cal sync? Can anyone help out?

Looking for a reliable way to sync Aware cal to Outlook/Google Cal.

Is Cronofy working? (Seems a bit steep at $99/mth, but what do I know)
ACDC

Post by ACDC »

This is on my to-do list, nice to have but keeps dropping to the bottom of the list.

Some thoughts :

Cronify seems to be an option, at $99 pm for 100 users it could make sense if you on-sell the feature to mitigate the costs.

Alternatively , Sync2 seems to be a cheaper option, if your customer user is prepared to pay $49.00 once of lifetime license. With this option, you would have to set up an FTP server to facilitate the syncing, and then have your Aware app mirror the syncing on the server-side. https://www.sync2.com/sync2-features

Alternatively 2, by having a button on your calendar to update Outlook, when clicked a download of the appointment data as a file formatted as an ical layout (.ics) This will automatically open in Outlook , if set up correctly on the user side, requires user to save though. Very basic as its only a one way , unless you get creative and embed a link in the ical file (update AIM) that can be clicked on to login to Aim to update appointment
rocketman

Post by rocketman »

thought I saw somewhere that google do a calendar api similar to maps if that helps
Rocketman

V8.7 Developer Edition. Server 2016 Standard edition. MySql 5.5
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Please send a PM to ALW - she was the one using Cronofy and maybe still is.
Aware IM Support Team
hpl123

Post by hpl123 »

I am also interested in this. The Cronofy is to expensive IMO for basic use and it has to be some other, cheaper of free solution out there?
Henrik (V8 Developer Ed. - Windows)