2020 Aware IM Developers International Conference

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
customaware

2020 Aware IM Developers International Conference

Post by customaware »

Let's do a little Survey to generate some ideas for the next Conference....

https://lnkd.in/gt8WAAK
Cheers,
Mark
johntalbott

Re: 2020 Aware IM Developers International Conference

Post by johntalbott »

Link isn't working for me.

Your post regarding the 2020 conference happens to be your 2020th post. Is this a sign?
markbailey2020posts25.png
markbailey2020posts25.png (19.92 KiB) Viewed 25694 times
VocalDay Solutions - Agility - Predictability - Quality

We specialize in enabling business through the innovative use of technology.

AwareIM app with beautiful UI/UX - https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/crfUrrVeB3t
customaware

Post by customaware »

My Bad....

Please try again...
Cheers,
Mark
gijsvb

Post by gijsvb »

[quote="eagles9999"]Let's do a little Survey to generate some ideas for the next Conference....

Hi Mark,

The conference last year in Portugal was great, but I can't afford to visit a conference this year. my bad...

Thanks for organising these meetings anyway,

Gijs.
Gijs van Ballegooijen.
the Netherlands.

AwareIM 8.4 (build 2708)
Server: Ubuntu Linux 18.04.2
Database: MariaDB
Config: Windows 2012R2
BLOMASKY

Post by BLOMASKY »

YES! Thank you VERY much for organizing the conferences. They ROCK! They fill my brain with lots of useful ideas. Love learning from my much smarter fellow Awarians.

Bruce
bssxfire8

Post by bssxfire8 »

It would be very awesome to make it to another conference! Hopefully this is happening!
customaware

Post by customaware »

Not confirmed yet but am leaning towards Bali. 11th, 12th and 13th January 2021.
Cheers,
Mark
BLOMASKY

Post by BLOMASKY »

that is a VERY long swim from Florida (ok, over 24 hours in the air!). Not my 1st choice (or 2nd or 34th). I figured since last one was in Europe, we would be back in the good old US of A for this one.

Bruce
customaware

Post by customaware »

Hi Bruce,

When we held it in Providence, that was a conscious decision to enable the many Aware IM developers in the Eastern USA to come.
There were so many that did not take the opportunity.

Last year, Same reason to hold it in Portugal... a chance for the European guys to make it. Only a handful made the effort.

Also, there are a lot of developers in Australia, India, Thailand, and South Africa that are more likely to come in Bali rather than Europe or USA.

And of course, Bali is a way cool place to hold it. Ask those who attended the 2016 Conference. They all loved it. Roger, Robin, Jeff to name a few.
Cheers,
Mark
Jaymer

Post by Jaymer »

What Mark says may be true, but I'd like to see how many US folks would attend during the Summer IN THE US.
(That assumes someone else puts on the US Conference.)
There's 4 in FL, plus
OK, NE, CT, plus who knows who else.

Would be interesting to get a head count for US attendees who would commit to a mid-2020 conf.
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL
BLOMASKY

Post by BLOMASKY »

I have NO doubt that Bali is a LOVELY place. And yes, Roger told me how lovely it is, and I would do my best to make it. Just saying its 24 hours in the air and I might show up cranky!

Bruce
tford

Post by tford »

I'm in for a US conference.
Tom - V8.8 build 3137 - MySql / PostGres
rprinzing

Post by rprinzing »

It would be nice for local US AwareIMers to rally again somewhere close. A regional gathering of the US Aware minds.

For the AwareIM Dev International Conference, I am in full support of Bali.
Reasonably priced, considerate to Vlad if he joins us, and the most extraordinary Dev conference location I've ever participated in. (Magic eDeveloper conferences centered around Las Vegas and ultimately wore me out).

I trust that the face-to-face interaction for all developers is much more important than location. It brings me great joy to see every one of you and hear about the AIM good news!
Warm Regards,
Robin

Post by Jaymer »

Vlad told me next version would be several months away... so we'd want to plan for summer. Summer is 5 months away - plenty of time.
I'd fully expect Vlad to attend.
Personally, I don't go to these places/events for a vacation or boondoggle, so I'm not looking for beach or frills.

Would be nice to find an influx of new/potential users - some group that could be marketed to that would have an interest in coming to a product rollout... something that wouldn't happen if it was overseas.
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL
PointsWell

Post by PointsWell »

Jaymer wrote:Vlad told me next version would be several months away... so we'd want to plan for summer. Summer is 5 months away - plenty of time.
I'd fully expect Vlad to attend.
You do realise Vlad lives in Australia and that even an event held in Houston, Dallas, LA or San Francisco is a minimum of 18 hours flight time for anyone on East Coast Australia. East coast USA is minimum 24 hours travel time and if you are lucky one connection from the point of boarding a plane in Australia. Personally I think Vlad's time is better spent working on the next release attending just one conference, others may differ in that view.

Again, it's a bit of a slap in the face to Mark who invests a tremendous amount of time in organising events bending over backwards to facilitate the conference and has moved it round the world to generate interest from various continents only for it to fail to materialise.

And all of that is before you add in the increasingly unfriendly approach of US immigration that makes entry to non US citizens more of a burden.

An alternative solution might be a "dial in participant" package for those unwilling to travel.