Mobile camera snap into picture-in file folder

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
swiftinitpvtltd

Mobile camera snap into picture-in file folder

Post by swiftinitpvtltd »

We have an image that gets stored into physical folder when user uploads it with dynamic id(on update event we make it dynamic)
Now all this works but now with Mobile camera snap the same thing is not working.
I wrote a seperate process based on forum posts but getting below error.
Mobile app takes the snap but then aware log shows below error.
Name is: object_name
Name is: object_id
Name is: attr_name
Document Upload Servlet error: Invalid object id in document upload operation
java.lang.Exception: Invalid object id in document upload operation

This all works when we do it via normal browser based image upload but not via mobile snap in process.
Any one used snap in process to upload image and store it on physical file folder with dynamic picture name?
The snapped picture needs to get stored in physical folder with dynamic id for example
happynewyear2019.png
happynewyear2020.png where 2020 and 2019 is dynamic-this is one example.
swiftinitpvtltd

Re: Mobile camera snap into picture-in file folder

Finally figured it out... :D
Jaymer

Post by Jaymer »

LOL - I politely and Privately asked Amit to share his results - asking for help and then "ok, i figured it out" doesn't help anyone.
(So I didn't want to post that here and 'call him out' - thats wasn't my intention.
Vlad had recently replied in another thread to Mark Fredericks (and Amit worked on this for Mark) about MOBILE SNAP INTO.
Mark wrote me that it was solved.)

And the answer I got was that some clients may be under NDA and I'm not free to discuss.
OK, I'm calling bullshit.

And then I get a tirade from Amit about this and that - ok, if we want to be stingy and not post solutions to things, but only ask for help when we need it, well thats great.
Happy fucking new year.
Our community isn't growing - its shrinking.
And this knowledge base will keep on shrinking too with attitudes like this.
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL
swiftinitpvtltd

Hi Jaymer,

I work for multiple clients and I may not be able to post all resolutions of the projects into forum and its 24th late night and I am already tired working on fixes. Infact I helped you in your presentation in google maps in aware im conference.
Hope you understand that I have helped many clients and I am not the senior person on this forum helping people.
I am just the new guy in the town trying to work on projects and fixing their project issues. I know you got angry- you started sudden late night chat from no where on skype with forceful chat-you were not asking for help because I did not provide resolution for my own issue but its not compulsory and its my own right to decide if I want to provide resolution to my own issue posted on the forum.
Markfre1

Post by Markfre1 »

Hi Jaymer,

Just saw your post and was surprised by your tone. We are in the middle of a project and are posting things as we could. When we think we solve something, upon further testing we have come up with additional issues. So we don't post until we are sure. Of course, we will share any solutions we come up with. For example, the snap-in did not work and it may be resolved. However, yesterday we ran into an issue that it would only go into the database, not the file system. I just got word we may now have it working. But I am not rushing to the forum to post, as I am on deadline and the priority is to test it first and make sure it is working.

Amit has done an excellent job as this project required things that are not well documented and did not work as expected such as mobile logins, images, etc. Lot sand lots of trials and testing and for native. It requires publishing and PhoneGap building, downloading and installing over and over again just to test one thing.

You can share in the costs or just have patience my friend, and we will share the mobile login, and imaging. and other things I paid to get figured out.

Merry Christmas, Happy Chanuka, and a safe and happy new year.

Mark F.
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Please be polite and respectful to each other. It is not acceptable to swear at this forum.
Please also note that people are not obligated to reply or post their solutions if for whatever reason they don't want to.
Aware IM Support Team