Unique attribute

On this forum you can see a list of new features requested by users and you can also cast your own vote (you need to login to vote).
fmsurf

Unique attribute

Post by fmsurf »

I'd like to have a "Unique" property for a BO attribute instead of coding a rule to do that.
It can also be associated to a specific error message to display if the value already exist in the BO.
swiftinitpvtltd

Re: Unique attribute

Post by swiftinitpvtltd »

I need this feature too.
sabbirehal

Post by sabbirehal »

Yes, very useful.
ddumas

Post by ddumas »

Outside of AwareIM, in your database tool, can you create a unique index on that column in the database? I am guessing that AwareIM does not check for those in terms of it's business logic.

However, as you say, a Unique attribute could allow AwareIM itself to create a unique index.

Dave
tford

Post by tford »

I'd like to have a "Unique" property for a BO attribute instead of coding a rule to do that.
It can also be associated to a specific error message to display if the value already exist in the BO.
I'm curious why you are opposed to having a rule do this along with REPORT ERROR
Tom - V8.8 build 3137 - MySql / PostGres
PointsWell

Post by PointsWell »

tford wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:50 pm
I'm curious why you are opposed to having a rule do this along with REPORT ERROR
I'm guessing that it's because it's an extra step, the rule is minorly complicated (ie uses “this”) and if you have loads of them then it is another thing to do/forget/test