PayPal and ssl certificates

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
rocketman

PayPal and ssl certificates

Post by rocketman »

Has anyone got Paypal working with an SSLforFree certificate? I am unable to receive the callback. Everything worked fine until I installed a certificate. No code has changed. This was following a call to PayPal but the user cancelled the transaction
Type Status Report

Message /AwareIM/req.awurl&BAS_SUCCESS=false

Description The origin server did not find a current representation for the target resource or is not willing to disclose that one exists.
Rocketman

V8.7 Developer Edition. Server 2016 Standard edition. MySql 5.5
rocketman

Re: PayPal and ssl certificates

Post by rocketman »

OK so this is hurting now.

I have eliminated the possibility of this being an SSL issue by. configuring a test machine and registering a spare domain name that now point to it. I have opened up port 8080 on my router/firewall and I port forward 8080 to the test machine on the network There is NO SSL certificate installed and 8080 is the only port open on the home router.

I still get the same error message as in the original post and the url that is coming back from PayPal is

http://mydomain.org.uk:8080/AwareIM/req ... CESS=false

This seems to get truncated. the last bit is req.awurl&BAS_SUCCESS=false

Could it be that I have my external firewall locked down too tight and I actually need some other ports open to receive PayPal callbacks?. This is the standard vanilla out of box Paypal integration - nothing fancy.

Any help appreciated.
Last edited by rocketman on Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rocketman

rocketman

Post by rocketman »

so the returning url from PayPal is http://mydomain.org.uk:8080/AwareIM/req ... CESS=false truncated again - the last bit is req.awurl&BAS_SUCCESS=false

Maybe something is hidden but I would have thought that req.url would have been replaced with something OR in the name/value pair convention, the string should read ....req.url?BAS_SUCCESS=false since & is usually used for second and subsequent name/value pairs

If it IS req.awurl I cant find a webpage with that name in the tomcat folder
Last edited by rocketman on Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rocketman

rocketman

Post by rocketman »

OK so when I got the return call from Paypal I changed the & for a ? in the url string and managed to get the passback to my app with the correct "Process Failed" message.

So Support, could you please provide a fix for this in my version of AIM or tell me which file I need to edit to put this right

Rocketman