[OFFICIAL] the v8.2 "minor" improvement list

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
Jaymer

Re: [OFFICIAL] the v8.2 "minor" improvement list

Post by Jaymer »

There are 2 things I really hope make it into 8.2
These are both NEW items not listed before

1) In the Rule Editor, Pressing F4 doesn't really work correctly.
If you want WORDS_FROM_RIGHT, for example, and you don't remember the exact spelling or parameters,
then if you just press F4 you are at the top of the list and have to scroll all the way to the end.

If you type "WOR" and press F4, it will take you right to the section, but then when you press ENTER to accept WORDS_FROM_RIGHT, it will ADD that on to whatever you already typed and you have to backup and manually delete it.
type WOR then arrow to WORDS_FROM_RIGHT and press enter results in
WORWORD_FROM_RIGHT

2) In the textual Rule Editor, its almost totally worthless to me to use the option
"Mouse click on the element while holding down the CTRL key to go to its definition"
What almost 100% of us do ON A DAILY BASIS is we need to hunt down a Process thats being called - and then we have to remember where it is, scroll around, up and down, oh, finally find it and then open it.
IT WOULD BE A WHOLE LOT MORE USEFUL to Ctrl-Click on a Process-Name AS WELL (if not INSTEAD OF) to help us search through our code.

3) And, while I'm at it, setting up Icon Rules. I wish the F3 field selector worked the way it does everywhere else. It leaves the text selected and the next click in the F3 popup replaces what was there instead of adding onto the end of it. (This exact mechanism is broke in 1 other place also, but can't remember where).
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL
ACDC

Re: [OFFICIAL] the v8.2 "minor" improvement list

Post by ACDC »

I would like to add another minor simple requirement, it's related to a Calendar query.

When in the Agenda view of the calendar, it's not possible to drill down to the Appointment as you can in all the other calendar views. I suspect this might be a bug or an oversight

The Agenda view is an excellent feature, but it's lacking the default edit drill-down link, which kind of defeats most of its purpose.

Thank You