Google Map Just Like the Video

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
kklosson

Google Map Just Like the Video

Post by kklosson »

I'm implementing a Google Map from a query just like in the video where multiple markers are placed based on a query. I get a blank screen. If I apply width and height in the div, I get an opaque box of the size declared, but no map or anything displayed within it. My query produces over one hundred markers but according to what I read, this should not be an issue. The address attribute is a string that when used on a single object displays the Google Map perfectly. The query is good - I've checked it. Vlad makes everything looks so simple... and in this case, it is. What do got for me?
V8.8
MySQL, AWS EC2, S3
PDFtk Toolkit
Gabbitas

Re: Google Map Just Like the Video

Post by Gabbitas »

Just a shot in the dark but have you read this post:

https://www.awareim.com/forum/viewtopic ... aps#p42739
kklosson

Post by kklosson »

Great tip and I added the api key as stated to the aware.sj and aware_full.js files. Didn't change anything.

Looks like this:
var fileName = "https://maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/js ... laces&key=########################################################";
V8.8
MySQL, AWS EC2, S3
PDFtk Toolkit
kklosson

Post by kklosson »

I presume this works normally in testing mode?
V8.8
MySQL, AWS EC2, S3
PDFtk Toolkit
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Check Javascript console for any error messages. Also use the CSS inspector to see if Google Map elements have been inserted into HTML.
Aware IM Support Team
kklosson

Post by kklosson »

I see this in the console:
Just a warning...

maps.googleapis.com/maps-api-v3/api/js/30/6/util.js:228 Google Maps API warning: SensorNotRequired https://developers.google.com/maps/docu ... t-required
V8.8
MySQL, AWS EC2, S3
PDFtk Toolkit
kklosson

Post by kklosson »

I'm not sure how to identify the CSS inspector but I don't see any reference to Google Maps in the developers pane.
V8.8
MySQL, AWS EC2, S3
PDFtk Toolkit
kklosson

Post by kklosson »

Well, there IS a lot of stuff in this output panel including some errors and denials. I can tell you that this query should produce 2 results, so not likely of the limit, whatever the limit is.
Attachments
MapAPIResult.PNG
MapAPIResult.PNG (154.17 KiB) Viewed 15677 times
V8.8
MySQL, AWS EC2, S3
PDFtk Toolkit
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

This is not what I suggested to print out. But anyway, check if SalesPortal sample application is working for you - it includes a Google Map done inside a visual perspective. If this is working for you - check this example and see what you are doing wrong.

For example, setting a wrong width/height for the map (or making a mistake while doing this) can result in your map not being displayed.
Aware IM Support Team