Nested Conditions

On this forum you can see a list of new features requested by users and you can also cast your own vote (you need to login to vote).
bkonia

Nested Conditions

Post by bkonia »

There have been numerous forum discussions regarding nested conditions and the various complicated workarounds to simulate nested conditions within Aware IM. The most common workaround is to start a subprocess. While this works fine, it creates UI clutter in the Configurator and makes it difficult to follow the logic when you review your code in the future.

Since Aware IM is capable of starting conditional subprocesses, it clearly has the technical capability to support nested conditions within a process. Therefore, I'd like to request that it be implemented as a native feature of the rules language, rather than requiring us to use this awkward workaround.
Last edited by bkonia on Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brad S Konia
Hostland
https://www.hostland.com
johntalbott

Re: Nested Conditions

Post by johntalbott »

Word
VocalDay Solutions - Agility - Predictability - Quality

We specialize in enabling business through the innovative use of technology.

AwareIM app with beautiful UI/UX - https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/crfUrrVeB3t
PointsWell

Post by PointsWell »

This is a workaround to a workaround but I apply strict naming conventions for my processes and sub processes

BO-action00-subprocess action

For example
Contract_Create00
Contract_Create01_FindBuyer
Contract_Create02_FindSeller

It's not brilliant but it helps with being certain as to what process can be used as an operation button (the 00 ones). And it keeps all related steps together by BO and then by activity.

It would be really cool to be more graphical like Mendix and OutSystems, but they are 10 to 60 time the price of AIM.
tford

Post by tford »

I use very similar naming conventions and in some cases use the Category to group processes and sub processes together.
Tom - V8.8 build 3137 - MySql / PostGres
customaware

Post by customaware »

For ANY Process that is only being called by only one other Process then I us the Display Under feature which is great.

This displays the Grandparent, Parent, Child, Grandchild processes in a pseudo tree structure.

Does this not suit your purpose?
Cheers,
Mark
bkonia

Post by bkonia »

eagles9999 wrote:For ANY Process that is only being called by only one other Process then I us the Display Under feature which is great.
Hi Mark,

That's a good suggestion, thanks. The only problem is, the subprocesses don't automatically inherit contexts from parent processes, so it can get messy manually passing the contexts down. It would be better if Aware IM treated these as true subprocesses, passing the context down automatically, rather than just organizing them in a hierarchy for display purposes.
Brad S Konia
Hostland
https://www.hostland.com
customaware

Post by customaware »

Yes, that is correct and yes indeed, that is what I originally asked for when requesting the feature in the first place.
Cheers,
Mark