Document Transmittal

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
4xjbh

Document Transmittal

Post by 4xjbh »

I want to create a document transmittal system for an Architectural office.
Documents would need multiple revision numbers (A,B,C or 1,2,3) and a different status (Sketch,Design Development....etc)

I was thinking of using a similar system the sample ordering system where I will have BO's of TransmittalDocument(TD), TransmittalItem(TI) and Transmittal(T). Attributes Revision and Status will occur in (TI).

Is there a better way?
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

The important thing is what you undertand by these objects, i.e. the concepts that they represent. These are not clear from your description.

But anyway I would have the following concepts:
1. A concept of a document that can have multiple revisions. I would call this object a Document
2. An individual revision of a document, called DocumentRevision - this will have revision number attribute and status. A document can have multiple revisions.
3. A concept that captures the fact that a particular document revision has been sent somewhere, i.e. Transmittal or DocumentTransmittal

This can be exactly what you had in mind as well, but the above names are better because DocumentRevision is a wider and more flexible concept than transmittal item.
Aware IM Support Team
4xjbh

Post by 4xjbh »

Good, so my overall concept correct just the naming a little off.

When adding a reference to an object the "Add Item" and "Add New Item" buttons have the hovertext for example "Add new DocumentRevision........". Is there a way to amend the hovertext to something else?
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

No, unfortunately, at the moment you cannot change the hovertext. We will include this item in our TO DO list.
Aware IM Support Team