Build 2235 is out

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
aware_support

Build 2235 is out

Post by aware_support »

This build has a number of improvements, not just bug fixes. Among them is the ability to synchronize Aware IM calendars not only with the Google calendar. but also with Outlook, ICloud, Exchange and others.

It also has improvements for tab handling that people asked for and a very useful feature of being able to run a Javascript from a process. This is the list of improvements in this build:

1. Integration with Google,Outlook,iCloud,Exchange calendars through Cronofy
2. An option not to handle foreign keys when discovering attributes
3. EXEC_SCRIPT action
4. Ability to insert new tab after the current one
5. Ability to go to the existing tab rather than open a new one if a tab has already been opened
6. Ability to run a process when a dynamic tab is selected by the user
7. Ability to run a process when form is closed
Aware IM Support Team
4xjbh

Re: Build 2235 is out

Post by 4xjbh »

Does the calendar support include office 365 calendar which i assume is exchange?
Regards, James

AwareIM 7.1 on AWS - Beware I'm a AwareIM noob. Anything I help you with might make the hole your in deeper.
hpl123

Post by hpl123 »

aware_support wrote:This build has a number of improvements, not just bug fixes. Among them is the ability to synchronize Aware IM calendars not only with the Google calendar. but also with Outlook, ICloud, Exchange and others.

It also has improvements for tab handling that people asked for and a very useful feature of being able to run a Javascript from a process. This is the list of improvements in this build:

1. Integration with Google,Outlook,iCloud,Exchange calendars through Cronofy
2. An option not to handle foreign keys when discovering attributes
3. EXEC_SCRIPT action
4. Ability to insert new tab after the current one
5. Ability to go to the existing tab rather than open a new one if a tab has already been opened
6. Ability to run a process when a dynamic tab is selected by the user
7. Ability to run a process when form is closed
Very nice indeedio, thanks support :).
Henrik (V8 Developer Ed. - Windows)
weblike

Post by weblike »

Thank you support for this nice build...Sweet...yummy :)

I have a question about this bug fix:
2. Unicode characters were not handled properly in form and grid styles.

This resolves the diacritics problem described here http://www.awareim.com/forum/viewtopic. ... ics#p40808 ?
Thx,
George
DB: MySql 5.6.42
weblike

Post by weblike »

weblike wrote:Thank you support for this nice build...Sweet...yummy :)

I have a question about this bug fix:
2. Unicode characters were not handled properly in form and grid styles.

This resolves the diacritics problem described here http://www.awareim.com/forum/viewtopic. ... ics#p40808 ?
Nope it doesn't. I have tested with a trial version (the only change on the AwareIM server is that I've removed the original /AwareIM/JDK folder and replace it with latest build from c:\Program FIles\Java\jre1.8.0_102).
Support, can you please confirm on this?

Thank you
Thx,
George
DB: MySql 5.6.42
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Code: Select all

Does the calendar support include office 365 calendar which i assume is exchange?
Yes, it does. Aware IM performs this integration using Cronofy API, which is like an umbrella API for different calendars. You can see the full list of supported calendars on their web site: https://www.cronofy.com/

The bug about Unicode is to do with form and grid styles and doesn't seem to have anything to do with the problem you are describing.
Aware IM Support Team
chris29

Post by chris29 »

Aware IM performs this integration using Cronofy API
How do we utilise this functionality?
Version 8.5 - Windows using MySql 8 and SQL Server - 64bit
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Code: Select all

How do we utilise this functionality?
This should be documented in the How To Guide. This is an extract from there:

You can synchronize the appointment records stored in your Aware IM system with third party calendars, for example Google Calendar, Outlook, iCloud and so on. Synchronization with third party calendars in Aware IM is performed using Cronofy API, so before you can use synchronization you need to create an account with Cronofy (https://www.cronofy.com/ ) and create an application for your Cronofy account. Once you create an application with Cronofy you will be given “Client ID” and “Client Secret”. Write them down as you will need them in Aware IM. You can also see a full list of calendars that are supported at the Cronofy web site.

To support calendar synchronization in Aware IM you will need to do the following:
1. Create a query that will display “Appointment” objects as a calendar (see the previous section
2. Define a Panel Operation for your query. Select the type of the operation to be “Synchronize with Calendar”.
3. Click on the Settings button to define some properties of this operation. You will then need to enter the Client ID and Client Secret that you have obtained from Cronofy.
4. If your “Appointment” object supports “appointment owners” (for example, a list of attendees of an event or a list of people responsible for the task) you can get Aware IM to read the information about event attendees and automatically associate them with objects in your application. To do this:
a. Define an object representing an “event attendee”.
b. Provide a relationship between an “Appointment” object and the “Attendee” object – it has to be a multiple reference inside the Appointment object
c. When specifying settings of the synchronization operation tick the checkbox that your appointments (events) support attendees.
d. Select the reference attribute defined at b)
e. Define how Aware IM should map attendees read from a third party calendar to the “attendee” object defined in your application – it can map them by their email address or display name or both.

At runtime the operation will be represented by a button displayed above or below the calendar. When the users press this button Aware IM will ask the user to select the calendar to synchronize with and whether perform a one-way or two-way synchronization. You can perform synchronization multiple times – in this case Aware IM will only deal with changes that happened to occur in both calendars since the time of last synchronization.

Note that there is also a type of Panel Operation that synchronizes with a Google Calendar only. This operation type has now been superseded with a more generic operation and will be eventually phased out. However it can still be used now to synchronize with a Google Calendar.
Aware IM Support Team
tford

Post by tford »

Support,
Note that there is also a type of Panel Operation that synchronizes with a Google Calendar only. This operation type has now been superseded with a more generic operation and will be eventually phased out. However it can still be used now to synchronize with a Google Calendar.
Are you saying that Google Calendar only sync will no longer be available at some point & we will need a Cronofy account to sync the calendar?

If that's the case, am I reading it right that it will cost a minimum of $50 to use this sync tool? https://www.cronofy.com/pricing/
Tom - V8.8 build 3137 - MySql / PostGres
BenHayat

Post by BenHayat »

tford wrote:Support,
Are you saying that Google Calendar only sync will no longer be available at some point & we will need a Cronofy account to sync the calendar?

If that's the case, am I reading it right that it will cost a minimum of $50 to use this sync tool? https://www.cronofy.com/pricing/
Good point Tom.
4xjbh

Post by 4xjbh »

Looks like up to 20 users is free.
Regards, James

AwareIM 7.1 on AWS - Beware I'm a AwareIM noob. Anything I help you with might make the hole your in deeper.
tford

Post by tford »

Looks like up to 20 users is free.
Wonder what is considered a user .. each user calendar that is synced?
4xjbh

Post by 4xjbh »

I guess I'll have to learn how to create a AIM API plugin.....add that to my growing list of things to learn.
Regards, James

aware_support

Post by aware_support »

1) Google synchronization will still be supported in the foreseeable future
2) You don't need a plugin to use this feature - the API is supported behind the scenes
3) If you use this feature you will have to live with Cronofy pricing (or your customers will)
Aware IM Support Team
tford

Post by tford »

1) Google synchronization will still be supported in the foreseeable future
Perfect. Thanks for the quick reply.

The best of both worlds with a very slick new sync addition + support of free Google calendar sync.