Pocket PC

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
4xjbh

Pocket PC

Post by 4xjbh »

I am aware of several apps for creating static forms for Pocket PC.

I would like to create templates for mobile users with dropdown lists etc and then have the completed forms emailed to the server........or even have users enter them directly the Aware IM Application via the Pocket PC via the browser.

Is this possible? Can you recommend the best way to get started?

Thanks
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

I am no expert in Pocket PC's unfortunately, but basically as far as I understand it all depends on the software that synchronizes Pocket PC with the desktop PC. If it can synchronize data with a program that supports export to CSV (for example, ActiveSync supports synchronization with Excel as far as I know) then you can export data as CSV from Excel and then import the CSV files into Aware IM.

Also if a browser on a Pocket PC supports HTML 3.2 and JavaScript then you can access Aware IM server directly from the Pocket PC
Aware IM Support Team
jkovar

Pocket PC

Post by jkovar »

Check out VisualCE by Syware (www.syware.com). It is a tool for developing PocketPC appliations and can synchronize wirelessly or when the device is cradled. It connects via ODBC with just about any database.

I am using it to develop a handheld interface with my data and I am evaluating Aware IM as a tool for the web interface to the data.

Hope the info is helpful.