Internal Error Problem with Shortcut Attribute

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
twhitehurst

Internal Error Problem with Shortcut Attribute

Post by twhitehurst »

I'm getting the following error on this shortcut attribute. I have others within other Objects that do not have any problem? Please advise.

Internal error. Problem in StableOutfallProject.ProjectName for shortcut attribute StableOutfallProjectName Path StableOutfallProject.ProjectName contains lists
aware_support2

Post by aware_support2 »

Most probably the problem is caused by the 'Multiple allowed' option set to Yes for attribute StableOutfallProject. The system does not allow this in shortcuts because if there are multiple related object instances it would have no way of knowing which of the instances the shortcut should point to.

Go to the property dialog for attribute StableOutfallProject, un-check the 'Multiple allowed' box and save the attribute and the object. Then re-create the shortcut attribute. The problem should go away.

Let me know if it does not work.
Aware IM Support Team
twhitehurst

I did not have the multiple option choosen. I did...

Post by twhitehurst »

I did go ahead and delete the short cut and re-created the shortcut but the problem continues

This is the lastest error message.

Internal error. Problem in StableOutfallProject.ProjectName for shortcut attribute StableOutfallProjectName Path StableOutfallProject.ProjectName contains lists
aware_support2

Post by aware_support2 »

Is 'Multiple allowed' box for attribute StableOutfallProject checked or un-checked?

Did you save the object before trying to re-create the shortcut attribute?

What is the type of attribute ProjectName?
Aware IM Support Team
twhitehurst

Post by twhitehurst »

The box was un-checked and with some research I found that the failure was in the query. I've deleted the query and all reference to the attributes. I'm going try to recreate them and see if this will clear up the problem.

The version had been published already because the problem was not caught in test mode. The failure only appeared if we ran the query.

I'll keep you posted.