Error when starting Library Appliation

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
4xjbh

Error when starting Library Appliation

Post by 4xjbh »

I have installed AwareIM with Mysql and have been able to create my own business space and objects. When I try to run the library app I get the following:

"Internal error. Unable to persist process contect General error: Data too long for column 'POLLING' at row 1"

How do I correct this?
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Could you please describe the steps required to reproduce the problem, as we are unable to reproduce it on our system. What exactly are you doing to get it to happen?

Also, which version of MySQL are you running?
Aware IM Support Team
4xjbh

Post by 4xjbh »

I start the control panel > Help topics > Sample application > Select Login and there it is. "Data too long for column 'Polling' at row 1.

If I then try the workspace: Library, Username: admin, Password: password. Same result.

If I then use my password andusername etc for my business space all is fine.

Could Derby be an issue?
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

This appears to be a MySQL 5.0 issue. Are you using version 5.0?

Apparently MySQL changed the behaviour of their BIT fields in version 5.0 which causes a problem in Aware IM (which has been tested with MySQL version 4.1).

We'll be preparing a patch that will fix a problem and will let you know when it is available.

In the meantime can you work with MySQL 4.1 or Derby?
Aware IM Support Team
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

The patch that fixes the problem for MySQL 5.0 is available on our web site. Please download the latest evaluation version (build 715).

Because you already have the existing database that has the wrong structure you will need to do the following after you download the new version:

1. Open MySQL Command Line Client from Programs menu.
2. Enter the following command:
use BASDB;
3. Enter the following command:
ALTER TABLE execution_contexts CHANGE POLLING POLLING varchar(1);

Let us know if you still have problems.
Aware IM Support Team