Auto Refresh Not Working

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
BobK

Auto Refresh Not Working

Post by BobK »

I would like the results of a query to refresh when ever a certain process runs. I have selected the process in the Auto Refresh section of the Query Results, but the results do not refresh when the process runs. Does the fact that the process runs via a schedule rather than any user action make a difference?
Bob
tford

Post by tford »

Interesting. To test your question, maybe you should try making a copy of the process and not put the copied process.
Tom - V8.8 build 3137 - MySql / PostGres
BobK

Post by BobK »

I am not sure what you were suggesting Tom, but I removed the process from the schedule and ran it manually and the query results updated as expected. Unfortunately, I need the process to run on a schedule and not manually.
Bob
tford

Post by tford »

I was just trying to verify your hypothesis that the scheduling of the process was the root of the auto refresh problem.
Tom - V8.8 build 3137 - MySql / PostGres
rocketman

Post by rocketman »

I have an similar issue with processes started from the context menu in a query set to use the new calendar format. The calendar just does not auto-refresh. I've done a workaround so it's not a show stopper for me at this time

In addition "Report Error" SOMETIMES does not show the message. The little circle briefly spins but nothing appears. I'm still checking this one out but thought I'd flag it up to see if anyone else has encountered this
Rocketman

V8.7 Developer Edition. Server 2016 Standard edition. MySql 5.5
rocketman

Post by rocketman »

.... and my "guess" bob is - because it's being run in a schedule, the AwareIM engine wouldn't know which users to update when a change occured.

Would it be possible to use auto-update every X seconds. I use this quite a lot for when one logged in Member updates a calendar entry, the other members see the update no more than 20 seconds later
Rocketman

mjshen

Post by mjshen »

Setting 'auto-update every X seconds' for calendar does not work either. Can rocketman kindly introduce your workaround? Thanks a lot.
rocketman

Post by rocketman »

I hve busy schedule tody but will post over the weekend.

In the meantime - maybe this is one for AwareIM Support to look at?
Rocketman

aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Auto-refresh problem for calendar and scheduler has been fixed in build 1430
Aware IM Support Team
ab042

Post by ab042 »

Support:

What about a query auto-refresh when a process runs on a schedule.

Was this also fixed?
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

No. Queries are not sensitive to processes that run from the schedule only (or from some other user) - auto refresh is only sensitive to processes started by the same user. This is a limitation.
Aware IM Support Team
BobK

Post by BobK »

aware_support wrote:No. Queries are not sensitive to processes that run from the schedule only (or from some other user) - auto refresh is only sensitive to processes started by the same user. This is a limitation.
Is this still a limitation?
Bob
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Yes
Aware IM Support Team