1:M/Multiple Reference Attributes

Contains tips for configurators working with Aware IM
Marianne Wyatt

1:M/Multiple Reference Attributes

Post by Marianne Wyatt »

I have a multiple reference attribute. I have a case that is done in the hospital by a doctor. There is an attribute that allows them to put in multiple procedures done to a patient. I need this multiple procedure attribute to print out on a report. Right now when I reference it in the report it just pulls in one value in the attribute. How can I do that. I'm not sure I understand the way to do embedded reports and it seems that I need to do this that way. Is that correct?
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Yes, you are right you need to use an embedded report. The only trick when using such a report is to define the correct query for the embedded report so that it finds references of the parent object.

For example, if you have a Patient object and a Procedure object and a Patient has multiple references to a Procedure object in an attribute called Procedures the query may look like this:

FIND Procedure WHERE Procedure IN Patient.Procedures

Please also see the sample Library application where Member Details report has several embedded reports. Note the queries defined for these embedded reports
Aware IM Support Team
Marianne Wyatt

Post by Marianne Wyatt »

Thanks. I got the 1:M/Multiple Reference to work with a report. Is there any way to get it to work with a Word mail merge? There is no way that I can see to embed a report into a Word doc. Thanks.
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Yes, you can use embedded MS Word documents just like you use embedded reports. Please check out the SUB_DOCUMENT function in the manual. What you do is insert a tag with a SUB_DOCUMENT function:

<<SUB_DOCUMENT (...)>>

This function takes a query as a parameter - you can use queries similar to those used in the embedded reports to find multiple references of the object.

Please also check out LIST, LIST_TABLE and LIST_LINE functions that may be useful as well.
Aware IM Support Team