Myapp.com/AwareIM/Optional (rewrite URL)

Contains tips for configurators working with Aware IM
hpl123

Myapp.com/AwareIM/Optional (rewrite URL)

Post by hpl123 »

Hi all,
Here is a tip on how to rewrite the Aware app URL (last part of the URL i.e. after AwareIM). To clarify, the default Aware IM URL is "myapp.com:8080/AwareIM/logonAdmin.html" and say I want to have a custom URL like this one: "myapp.com:8080/AwareIM/applogin" and this URL should still lead to / show the "myapp.com:8080/AwareIM/logonAdmin.html" page, I can use this plugin to achieve that. NB: This is not a redirect but a URL rewrite which means the "myapp.com:8080/AwareIM/applogin" is displayed in the address field but the page displayed is "myapp.com:8080/AwareIM/logonAdmin.html".

This can also be used with Aware IM parameters so I can for example have "myapp.com:8080/AwareIM/applogin" open up "myapp.com:8080/AwareIM/logonOp.aw?domain=MyApp&perspective=MyappVP" etc..

Here is the plugin and the plugin has extensive documentation and examples and I have tested it and works in Aware IM:
http://tuckey.org/urlrewrite/

PS: This plugin also has a lof of cool additional stuff like rewrite based on parameters (like browser, day, date etc. etc.) so If I, for example, want to have 1 login page per weekday, I can use this plugin to do that under the hood while still keeping the same public URL.
Henrik (V8 Developer Ed. - Windows)
BenHayat

Re: Myapp.com/AwareIM/Optional (rewrite URL)

Post by BenHayat »

Thank you again Henrik; Very valuable stuff (as usual)!
hpl123

Post by hpl123 »

Thanks Ben and just FYI, I very much appreciate the stuff you share as well :). Great stuff!
Henrik (V8 Developer Ed. - Windows)
BenHayat

Post by BenHayat »

hpl123 wrote:Thanks Ben and just FYI, I very much appreciate the stuff you share as well :). Great stuff!
My pleasure Henrik, that's the least I can do. I'm doing lots of tests on Mobile and desktop, but I'm very happy with V7 Mobile in how you can present data and be able to conserve space on screen. This is something that V6 Mobile suffered hugely.