V7 Mobile - New option to show form from Process

Contains tips for configurators working with Aware IM
BenHayat

V7 Mobile - New option to show form from Process

Post by BenHayat »

When showing a form from process in Mobile & Desktop, be sure to use this new option, especially in Mobile.

customaware

Re: V7 Mobile - New option to show form from Process

Post by customaware »

How about a small demo on how to use Ben?
Cheers,
Mark
tford

Post by tford »

Vladimir's explanation of this new feature:
the primary motivation of this feature is using processes on a phone. Normally when you do something like this:

ENTER NEW SomeObject

the form is displayed in a popup window.

A popup window may not be acceptable on a phone, so there is an option to display it in the current "tab" now. This can be used on a desktop as well. In the CRM mobile this is used for entering new customer - have a look.
Tom - V8.8 build 3137 - MySql / PostGres
BenHayat

Post by BenHayat »

Mark, it simply allows a Form view to be shown on the default tab, rather than a Popup, which many times don't work on Mobile due lack of space.
I've requested Support to give us one more option for "New Tab" to stay consistent with Aware system. So far the Edit Action only showed in Popup.
weblike

Post by weblike »

BenHayat wrote:Mark, it simply allows a Form view to be shown on the default tab, rather than a Popup, which many times don't work on Mobile due lack of space.
I've requested Support to give us one more option for "New Tab" to stay consistent with Aware system. So far the Edit Action only showed in Popup.
Yes the option for "New Tab" is better because now the other information disappear underneath the opened form.
With this feature (v7-second beta) I have focused this:
1. The buttons "Save/Close" disappears from form .
2. The cancellation of the process makes several popups to show with "Do you want to cancel current operation?"...I have to click repeatedly several times to cancel de process...

cheers,
Thx,
George
DB: MySql 5.6.42