Advanced filtering demo with sample BSV

Contains tips for configurators working with Aware IM
tford

Advanced filtering demo with sample BSV

Post by tford »

A previous advanced filtering demo that I had posted got wiped out when moving to the new forums, so I'm posting a new one.

This advanced filter demo BSV uses:

1) Form of LoggedInRegularUser for selection of filters. Auto-refresh and 'Save form when selection changes"

2) Customer query that utilizes Auto-refresh to show new filtered selections any time the filters are updated.

3) Filter form has no buttons & includes a link to "Clear filters" that appears any time a filter is applied. READ PROTECT rule makes this link appear only when appropriate.

4) Customers query is driven by the following query that utilized values in LoggedInRegularUser:

FIND Customer WHERE (Customer=LoggedInRegularUser.Selected_Customer OR LoggedInRegularUser.Selected_Customer IS UNDEFINED) AND (Customer.City=LoggedInRegularUser.Selected_City OR LoggedInRegularUser.Selected_City IS UNDEFINED) AND (Customer.Region=LoggedInRegularUser.Selected_Region OR LoggedInRegularUser.Selected_Region IS UNDEFINED) ORDER BY Customer.Name

Note that this demo was build using V6 build 2042.

Sample BSV:
A_Filtered_Query_12_2_2015_V6_build_2042.zip
(39.33 KiB) Downloaded 864 times
Tom - V8.8 build 3137 - MySql / PostGres
Markfre1

Re: Advanced filtering demo with sample BSV

Post by Markfre1 »

Also, I had something similar and I had to make sure when I clicked Next and Previous that the Auto Refreshed is set correctly. I added this and it refreshed my query as I click next and previous dates.
Markfre1

Re: Advanced filtering demo with sample BSV

Post by Markfre1 »

To clarify my previous post. My Next button in the Grid calls a process: I am clicking through weeks.

ProjectDateFilters.DateSelected=DATE_ADD(ProjectDateFilters.DateSelected,7) - Next
ProjectDateFilters.DateSelected=DATE_ADD(ProjectDateFilters.DateSelected,-7) - Previous

In the Query of the gird, I put the AutoRefresh for the Next and Previous processes. So when those execute, my grid redisplays; as the Start and End Date for the week have changed and the refresh takes place

Mark F