Custom Traversal Button(s)

Contains tips for configurators working with Aware IM
gerber1

Custom Traversal Button(s)

Post by gerber1 »

I think this is one for the Aware IM Wizards...

Background
I have a Query of an object group, and each object can be edited from the Query result. Each object type has a distinctive form, choice of which is automatic. Simple.

The anticipated navigation style after starting an edit for any one of the listed objects is to use the traversal buttons rather than returning to the query and selecting the next object to edit or anything like that. The user is completing a survey. I have selected "Save the form automatically...", so this all works fine and smoothly. It is functionally perfect, but the tiny traversal buttons are not ideal for my class of user.

What I want to do is create larger, labeled buttons at the bottom of the form next to "Save" and "Cancel" like what you get with the button-based Wizard style navigation through multiple form sections ("Next section" and "Previous Section").

My question
Has someone willing to share created or does anyone know how to create custom buttons to mimic the "Goto next" and "Goto previous" functions of the standard traversal buttons? These "operations" are not in the list of supported javascript functions in Appendix D of the User Guide, but I am hoping there is still a way.

Thanks in advance!

Roy Gerber
Roy