Favicon multiple applications

Contains tips for configurators working with Aware IM
hpl123

Favicon multiple applications

Post by hpl123 »

Hi all,
Here is a tip on how to use different favicons (favicon per application) when running multiple applications on 1 server. I have tested it on the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox and IE and it works on all browsers.

1. Create file "favicon.js" in folder "C:\AwareIM\Tomcat\webapps\AwareIM\aware_ext".

2. Add the following to the favicon.js file where the link in this code is a link to your favicon:
(function() {
var link = document.createElement('link');
link.type = 'image/x-icon';
link.rel = 'shortcut icon';
link.href = 'http://www.mysite.com/favicon.ico';
document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0].appendChild(link);
}());

3. Add the following AFTER the theme you are using in file "themes.props" in folder "C:\AwareIM\bin\" (this can be added to all themes I guess i.e. you can add it to the "Blue" theme if you want to or you can create your own theme (MyTheme) and add it to the "MyTheme" theme. Here is an example using "MyTheme":
ThemeMyTheme=MyTheme;ext-4.1.0/resources/css/ext-all.css;aware_ext/favicon.js

4. Restart AwareIM server.

5. Reload your browser / log in to your application and now when your theme is loaded so is your custom favicon for that theme.

NB: In point 2 above the link goes to a favicon file available online but it should also be possible to link to a "local" i.e. on your server file (I haven´t tested this yet but again should work. Play with it).
Henrik (V8 Developer Ed. - Windows)
hpl123

Custom datepicker locale

Post by hpl123 »

Hi all,
Here is a tip on how to use override the datepicker locale (E.g. "M" for Monday etc.). This fix only fix the locale in the datepicker used in forms, on calendar top bar etc..
The "standard" locale for e.g. calendar, forms etc. still needs to be done in the Aware IM locale.

1. Create file "datepicker.js" in folder "C:\AwareIM\Tomcat\webapps\AwareIM\aware_ext".

2. Add the following to the datepicker.js where the daynames are your custom daynames starting with "Sunday":
Ext.override(Ext.DatePicker, {
dayNames: [
'Söndag',
'Måndag',
'Tisdag',
'Onsdag',
'Torsdag',
'Fredag',
'Lördag'
],
});

3. Add the following AFTER the theme you are using in file "themes.props" in folder "C:\AwareIM\bin\" (this can be added to all themes I guess i.e. you can add it to the "Blue" theme if you want to or you can create your own theme (MyTheme) and add it to the "MyTheme" theme. Here is an example using "MyTheme":
ThemeMyTheme=MyTheme;ext-4.1.0/resources/css/ext-all.css;aware_ext/datepicker.js

5. Reload your browser / log in to your application and now when your theme is loaded so is your custom datepicker daynames for that theme.
hpl123

Re: Custom datepicker locale

Post by hpl123 »

hpl123 wrote:Hi all,
Here is a tip on how to use override the datepicker locale (E.g. "M" for Monday etc.). This fix only fix the locale in the datepicker used in forms, on calendar top bar etc..
The "standard" locale for e.g. calendar, forms etc. still needs to be done in the Aware IM locale.

1. Create file "datepicker.js" in folder "C:\AwareIM\Tomcat\webapps\AwareIM\aware_ext".

2. Add the following to the datepicker.js where the daynames are your custom daynames starting with "Sunday":
Ext.override(Ext.DatePicker, {
dayNames: [
'Söndag',
'Måndag',
'Tisdag',
'Onsdag',
'Torsdag',
'Fredag',
'Lördag'
],
});

3. Add the following AFTER the theme you are using in file "themes.props" in folder "C:\AwareIM\bin" (this can be added to all themes I guess i.e. you can add it to the "Blue" theme if you want to or you can create your own theme (MyTheme) and add it to the "MyTheme" theme. Here is an example using "MyTheme":
ThemeMyTheme=MyTheme;ext-4.1.0/resources/css/ext-all.css;aware_ext/datepicker.js

5. Reload your browser / log in to your application and now when your theme is loaded so is your custom datepicker daynames for that theme.
Ooh shite, wring post :).