Sample BSV: Search using multiple allowed attributes

Contains tips for configurators working with Aware IM
tford

Sample BSV: Search using multiple allowed attributes

Post by tford »

This BSV allows the user to display instances of a Customer BO that match those selected from a multiple-allowed reference attribute: Region.

Download the BSV (change the extension to .bsv) - built with build 1719:
http://www.awareim.com/community/Multip ... ch.bsv.bin

Key factors in the way this BSV functions:
- auto refresh in queries and forms that make the screens change dynamically as selections / changes are made
- LIST_LINE function provides a header of selected regions in the selected customer list

To demonstrate:
1) Go to "Customer and Region List" tab
2) Click "Add region" and add a few regions
3) Click "Add customer" and add a few customers
4) Go to "Selected Customers" tab
5) Select a few regions you would like to display & click "Refresh Customer List"

Result: You will see the list of customers for the selected regions on the right side of the screen
Tom - V8.8 build 3137 - MySql / PostGres
Aware2014

Post by Aware2014 »

This works really well. By chance have you tried it where you have two attributes that change?

I've tried what you have here but tried with two different attributes it seems to get out of sync. For example I have Region and SubRegion. When I select Region, all works fine. When I select SubRegion, I get the following message:

Code: Select all

RegularUser has been changed by another user. Please get the latest version of the data and try the operation again.
Any thoughts on how to avoid this?
8.0, 2361, Windows, SQL Server Express
Aware2014

Post by Aware2014 »

Wow - just figured it out. I noticed I did not have AutoRefresh on the new form. Please disregard. All is working!
8.0, 2361, Windows, SQL Server Express