How to import video files in aware im applicaion

Contains tips for configurators working with Aware IM
sivaram

How to import video files in aware im applicaion

Post by sivaram »

I am following the tutorial to learn the evolution version of AwareIM tool.I can see the document upload functionality,same way i tried for video files ,it is not happening.Do AwareIM support video file upload functionality.

Thanks
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Video files are just documents. So you need to store them in the attribute of the Document type.

This will allow you to upload video files as Document attributes include the ability to upload files.

If you want to play the video you can rely on the browser capability to do it, so all you need to do is write a process that uses the DISPLAY DOCUMENT action:

DISPLAY DOCUMENT MyObject.DocumentAttribute

To start this process from a form you can define an HTML cell that includes a button with a link to start a process (See the "Aware IM Javascript links" in the User Guide). Something like this:

<button onclick="AwareApp.startProcessFromForm('ProcessName',...)">Play</button>

Obviously if videos are stored on the Internet outside of Aware IM then you don't need to do all of this - you just define an HTML cell in a form with the HTML code to play the video.
Aware IM Support Team