Create mobile app launcher for Aware IM mobile app

Contains tips for configurators working with Aware IM
hpl123

Create mobile app launcher for Aware IM mobile app

Post by hpl123 »

Hi all,
This is a tip on how to create a mobile app (site) launcher for your Aware IM mobile app. A mobile app (site) launcher is a IOS/Android app that basically only launches a URL. The thing with this is that one can create a complete "installation package" for the customer to download to their smartphone and this greatly simplifies (+ its more professional) the process of getting a customer to use a Aware IM mobile app. Off course one could give the customer the URL and have them open it up, save the URL in their bookmarks or on their homepage but this is a little bit of a hassle (not much but still).

The tip here is to use "Mobione" (which is a WYSIWUG IDE for creating mobile apps for IOS and Android) to create this mobile app launcher and one can create a native or a webapp that can be distributed in several ways*. The best is possible to create a native app because then you would only have to direct the customer to a specific page (on their mobile device) and the customer would there get a "Install app" option and after that the app installs exactly in the same way as when installing a native app through appstore (reference here IOS). When the customer installs the app, the app is installed in a nice and professional way with a home page icon and splashscreen (these features makes the app launcher more professional)

Mobione can be found here: http://www.genuitec.com/mobile/index.html , and i have earlier recommended this IDE but i am not affiliated to Genuitec in any way. I just see ways here to enhance the Aware IM mobile app options and i am happy to share these. When it comes to Mobione, the IDE is 100USD so i don´t recommend you buy the suite just for creating the above mentioned mobile app (site) launcher but if you also have other ideas and want to explore the IOS/Android mobile app world, I recommend the IDE.
Also another note, i recommend this IDE because i see some enhancement possibilities when used/combined with a Aware IM mobile app. It is not my intention AT ALL to direct Awaresofts attention to focus on developing other features in Aware IM. I hope there will be many more options in the Aware IM mobile app options in the future.

*=one example is to use the SMS functionality of Aware IM and have the customer type in their number in your Aware IM application. They would then get a SMS with the link. Press the link, choose install. Done.
Henrik (V8 Developer Ed. - Windows)
hpl123

App launcher + saved credentials = easy and professional

Post by hpl123 »

Another note. I posted another tip today ( http://www.awareim.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5955 ) about how one could save the credentials on IOS mobile devices (there are similar ways to do this on Android i am sure). If you combine these 2 tips, having a nice and professional mobile app launcher that is distributed in a easy/automatic way AND having the customers save their credentials for your mobile app (almost auto login). This is ALMOST as good as having a full native app and is a easy and professional way to distribute your mobile app + kind of enhance functionality (IMO).
hpl123

Aware IM / Mobione app integration

Post by hpl123 »

Forgot to mention. There are possible also additional interesting integration options when it comes to Mobione and Aware IM mobile apps. Mobione it a quite advanced IDE for mobile devices and you could create a quite advanced e.g. IOS app that integrates with your Aware IM mobile app in various ways. See my original post for more details: http://www.awareim.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5839
hpl123

Mobione tutorial

Post by hpl123 »

Another, another note :).

Here is actually a tutorial for Mobione (with screenshots etc.) on how to create a mobile app (site) launcher. I knew i had seen this post somewhere sometime but couldn´t find it when i wrote my first post today. Dug a bit more and found it:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gKK ... edit?pli=1
mrbdrm

Post by mrbdrm »

thanks that is really nice