Iphone/Ipad/Android app development (integration Aware IM)

Contains tips for configurators working with Aware IM
hpl123

Iphone/Ipad/Android app development (integration Aware IM)

Post by hpl123 »

Hi all,
I am a soon to be user currently learning the system, reading manuals, the forum etc. I have tested all sample applications on a computer and also the mobile app versions/VP (LOVE Aware IM by the way). I have a tip that could possibly create intresting integration options for Aware IM and specifically the mobile version/VP.

The tip is to check out a software (IOS/Android WYSIWYG development platform) called "Mobione" (http://www.genuitec.com/mobile/). It is a WYSIWYG platform but you can also write your own html/java directly in the application for your apps (you also get a code editor/debugger directly in the app). I have built a couple of small info apps with the software and it is easy to use, powerful (and Genuitec is continually developing new features etc.) and fun.

The reason i mention it here is because i think it is possible and quite easy to integrate a mobile Aware IM VP with a Mobione app (html or native) and you would then get more options when it comes to the mobile app experience (add things like app icon, app toolbar, splash screen, audio/video/google maps, image gallery, phonegap/cordova options, other app features that complement the Aware AM app etc. etc. The options are endless. You can possibly also add custom html that communicates directly with Aware IM?). Other great things about Mobione is that you get access to a pubishing/testing site (app distribution) so you can test the app directly on your Iphone (you also get a testing center directly in the software which in reality is a IOS/Ipad/Android simulator), the forum is great with a lot of tips etc.
I have played around a bit with using a iframe for the Aware IM mobile app in a Mobione app but i have not gotten it to fully work yet (iframe is unfortunately not very good on IOS/Safari).

Please share your experience if you try this out and develop some cool stuff/integrations etc.!!

Regards Henrik
pbrad

Post by pbrad »

Hi,
I believe that as you continue to investigate AwareIM, you will discover that there is no need to integrate a third party solution, even if it was practical, as all of the suggested functionality that you mention can already be provided easily and robustly by AwareIM.

No need to reinvent the wheel when the wheel has already been perfected!
Cheers,
Pete
Pete Bradstreet
Contract developer of commercialized applications

AwareIM Ver. 8.2
rocketman

Post by rocketman »

Agreed Pete, and as experience shows, it will only get better
Rocketman

V8.7 Developer Edition. Server 2016 Standard edition. MySql 5.5