AUTOMATIC BACKUP FOR MYSQL

Contains tips for configurators working with Aware IM
lineamovil

AUTOMATIC BACKUP FOR MYSQL

Post by lineamovil »

Here you will find a link to a script to autobackup your database.
(Works for MySQL only)

You can program to make dayly, weekly, or monthly backups.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/automysqlbackup/ Help in inside the code.
LineaMovil // Carlos Castillo
AwareIM Version 8.6
Windows Server 2021
MySQL Database 8.4
MEXICO
Libero

Post by Libero »

I use Navicat....
RLJB

Post by RLJB »

We have tried lots of different methods and settled on this as the best (for us):

- install "mysql administrator" on your server, it's free, it has a GUI and you can easily set up a scheduled db backup. We run one nightly at 2am of both db's and save then to a partition on the server

- if you have a separate server install the above and connect it to your prod server (it can connect to a remote mysql server but you will have to set up mysql to allow it - google how to do this securely) and you then have a separate backup on a different server

- navicat is the best tool for manipulating data, it's worth buying for this reason alone: you can set up and save synchronizations that can be run at anytime at a button click. Eg. Sync your prod tables in basdb to test in basdbtest, sync your prod server tables to your development server tables so you can develop and test with real data. No other tool I have seen allows you to do this - if you know a free one pls tell me. Otherwise the 100 odd dollars is worth you time!
Rod. Aware 8.6 (latest build), Developer Edition, on OS Linux (Ubuntu) using GUI hosted on AWS EC2, MYSQL on AWS RDS