Splash Screen - on login

Contains tips for configurators working with Aware IM
ninap

Splash Screen - on login

Post by ninap »

Hello,

I am trying to change the name of the button from "OK" to Accept
on a Splash Screen which is invoked on login.

Does anyone know if this can be changed?

Thanks, Nina :)
technopak

Post by technopak »

Hi Nina,

I don't know if there's a simple way to do what you're trying and keep control of the user's movements.

If the acceptance of your terms is at login, here's my way of doing it -

First, create an object called 'AcceptTerms' with just one attribute (it doesn't matter what the attribute is, you will never use it). Then modify the main form of the object as follows -

1. In the main form buttons configuration, you must tick 'Hide Buttons'

2. On the main form you first create a html cell which contains the text which you want the user to accept.

3. Then create custom html buttons to direct the user to the correct perspective if they accept or log them out if they decline. Your buttons' html should look like this -

<button type = "button" onclick="AwareApp.showPerspective('UserPerspective')">Accept</button>

<button type = "button" onclick="AwareApp.logout(null)">Decline</button>

Then, use a process at login time to ENTER NEW AcceptTerms. This will produce a form which the user must accept before proceeding to the system, and because the form never gets saved, you don't accumulate a load of AcceptTerms which you need to manage.

UserPerspective above is your own user's perspective, and a suitable logout page can be defined in the AwareApp.logout(null) bit to communicate with the user.

Hopefully the above can be modified to suit your purpose.

Hope this helps,

Peter
ninap

txs

Post by ninap »

Peter, Thanks! this worked perfectly.
And as you mentioned it was for a Click-Through-Agreement

Thanks, Nina :)