Avoiding having to Login when Testing/Learning

Contains tips for configurators working with Aware IM
syd

Avoiding having to Login when Testing/Learning

Post by syd »

Is there any way to Test the application witthout having to repeatedly login on each test? It is particularly trying when you are learning what the product can do.

Thanks
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Sorry, no, unless you login as "guest user". Guest users are allowed access without logging in, but they are severely restricted. You can lift these restrictions, though.
Aware IM Support Team
tford

Post by tford »

You can construct the URL to include the user name and password for testing & just click on that shortcut URL. Directions are in the User Guide.
Tom - V8.8 build 3137 - MySql / PostGres
bazar2009

Post by bazar2009 »

Not sure if you are a Firefox user but if you are you can get the iMacro addin and create a login macro and save it as a bookmark. Works great. I have several created for testing different things.

Good luck.
rolfb

Post by rolfb »

The easiest way is to leave the webpage open, make changes to your application as needed, go into test mode with Aware, go to your webpage and refresh the page (F5 will do) - it will go back to your appliactions home page and voila the changes will be there

regards

Rolf
tford

Post by tford »

Slick! Thanks for sharing that tip, Rolf.
Tom - V8.8 build 3137 - MySql / PostGres
kklosson

Post by kklosson »

Another solution that I have been using. I need a whole cast of characters for login and testing. Keeping track of logins and passwords - big PIA. I installed LastPass, a web password manager. I set up profiles for my characters and then I just select a profile and auto fill the login. Works like champ. There are other password managers out there but LastPass works in IE, Chrome, FF, and I think Safari. All around good solution. Save many keystrokes.