Learnings about displaying URLs in AwareIM

Contains tips for configurators working with Aware IM
tford

Learnings about displaying URLs in AwareIM

Post by tford »

While integrating Fusion Charts with AwareIM, I have learned some things about using the DISPLAY URL action to displaying URLs that are built by AwareIM & exported/stored within the AwareIM directory structure.

Using AwareIM BOs and rules, you can

1) build HTML

2) export it to C:\AwareIM\Tomcat\webapps\AwareIM\ or a subdirectory under this

3) display it using DISPLAY URL

Following are notes about what I've learned about using the DISPLAY URL action to accomplish #3 above. Note that this is using Build 1166.

1) Html files in C:\AwareIM\Tomcat\webapps\AwareIM\ can used in DISPLAY URL action like:

..a) DISPLAY URL 'HtmlFileName.html' IN TAB

..b) DISPLAY URL LoggedInRegularUser.URL IN TAB (where URL attribute is format: HtmlFileName.html)

..c) DISPLAY URL BOname.URL IN TAB (where URL attribute is: HtmlFileName.html and BOname is in context)

2) Html files can also be place in a subdirectory like C:\AwareIM\Tomcat\webapps\AwareIM\HTML\ and used in DISPLAY URL action like:

..a) DISPLAY URL 'HTML/HtmlFileName.html' IN TAB

..b) DISPLAY URL LoggedInRegularUser.URL IN TAB (where URL attribute is format: HTML/HtmlFileName.html)

..c) DISPLAY URL BOname.URL IN TAB (where URL attribute is: HTML/HtmlFileName.html and BOname is in context)
Tom - V8.8 build 3137 - MySql / PostGres
tazzmaxx

Post by tazzmaxx »

Hey Tom,

Thank you so much for posting these helpful tips!

Hi Aware,

Is there any way that you can create another forum topic called "Best Practices" or "Helpful Hints" so that Tom's (and other's) suggestions don't get lost in a huge sea of unrelated posts. Not to knock phpBB's search functionality, but it is really difficult to find stuff on the forum and that leads to people giving up searching and asking the same questions repeatedly.

Thanks
sath01

Post by sath01 »

Great suggestion tazzmaxx. I find the same thing a lot.
technopak

Post by technopak »

Wouldn't a Wikipedia style forum where best practices could be posted and then edited, improved, and updated by users be extremely useful ?

Rooting through the product documentation to eventually figure out some technique is no fun at all.

A best practice forum would also be hugely advantageous in terms of making the Aware product attractive to new users.

And if Aware themselves don't want to provide such a forum, how about someone starting to post 'How To' articles on Wikipedia ?
tford

Post by tford »

I've had some questions via PM about how to display HTML files or embed codes (from YouTube and many other places) in a query or form.

I have a sample BSV that shows some of these concepts. If you want it, PM me your email address and ask for the BSV "Web Page Display Examples.bsv"
Tom - V8.8 build 3137 - MySql / PostGres