ID Field

Contains tips for configurators working with Aware IM
khaled

ID Field

Post by khaled »

A quick one - I used the following rule:

Account IS NEW Then
Account.Number = MAX Account.Number + 1

It worked like a charm. How do I make this field uneditable? I don't want the users to type in their own numbers and ruin the auto numbering.

Also, Is there a way for that field to show the next number in sequence automatically instead of staying blank while I type in the rest of the form?

Cheers.
khaled

Re: ID Field

Post by khaled »

khaled wrote:A quick one - I used the following rule:

Account IS NEW Then
Account.Number = MAX Account.Number + 1

It worked like a charm. How do I make this field uneditable? I don't want the users to type in their own numbers and ruin the auto numbering.

Also, Is there a way for that field to show the next number in sequence automatically instead of staying blank while I type in the rest of the form?

Cheers.
Sorry I couldn't find the Edit button. I figured out how to make it uneditable. I'd like to replace that one question with another: Is there any way to make an attribute's text different colour, bold, underline in the form view? I'm aware that I am able to display it in a custom query but I'd like an attribute to display as bold when typing the data in.

Thanks.
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

You need to use the HTML cell and refer to the attribute in a tag:

<b> <<MyObject.MyAttribute>> </b>

This info is available in the HowTo Guide - please READ it everyone before posting messages on the forum! It has lots of useful tips!
Aware IM Support Team
khaled

Post by khaled »

aware_support wrote:You need to use the HTML cell and refer to the attribute in a tag:

<b> <<MyObject.MyAttribute>> </b>

This info is available in the HowTo Guide - please READ it everyone before posting messages on the forum! It has lots of useful tips!
It's generally always easier to ask and get answers instead of reading the how to! :D

Sorry I will read before posting from now on.