Configuration Tool for Linux ?

Contains tips for configurators working with Aware IM
sath01

Configuration Tool for Linux ?

Post by sath01 »

I am sure this question has probably been asked before, but I could not find it with a search. Are there any plans for a version of the configuration tool for Linux ? It would seem on first glance that if there is a full version (including configuration tool) for Linux, then having a cut down version with just the tool to attach to a remote machine should be relatively trivial.
Thanks, Steve.
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Configuration Tool is supported on ALL platforms - Windows, Linux and Mac. Please check the Installation Guide for details. You do need a graphical client to run the configuration tool - if you have graphical Linux you can run the Configuration Tool on it without any problems. If you only have a non-graphical Linux you need to find a graphical client - either Windows or Linux or Mac. The graphical client (running on any platform) can connect to the remote server (whether graphical or non-graphical) running on any platform.
Aware IM Support Team
sath01

How do I download it ?

Post by sath01 »

Thanks for the quick response.
I seem to be missing something I think. On the downloads page, there is a full AwareIM version for Linux, but I can only see a separate configuration tool for Windows. Do I need to download the full AwareIM for Linux and somehow use the configuration tool in that without the server components ? Thanks for your help. Steve.
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

If you want to use Linux client for the remote Aware IM server you should install the full Aware IM Linux installation on the client and then do the following:

1. Modify the file UIConfig.props located in the BIN directory of your CLIENT installation to specify the proper values for the server machine name (HostServer=...)
2. Start the Configuration Tool by running the ClientStarter.sh script
Aware IM Support Team