build 1162 - auto refresh

Contains tips for configurators working with Aware IM
tford

build 1162 - auto refresh

Post by tford »

Build 1162 has been released with a couple of new features. Below are some notes from AwareIM support communicated to me during testing:

1) Auto refresh - This feature lets you specify processes and objects that will cause auto-refresh for a query. For example if a query condition depends on a value in the SystemSettings object you can get the query to automatically refresh whenever user changes this value. This can be very useful in quite a number of situations.

Just open up a query in the configuration tool & click on the Display results section. You will now see "Auto Refresh" options at the bottom. The screen documents how it operates.

2) saveForm function -- can be useful if you want to have custom buttons that save the object, rather than the standard buttons. The new "auto-refresh" feature plus this function could be an alternative to using the startProcessFromForm function in certain cases - you can just save the object and get some query to refresh when the object is saved.

The example of using this function:
<button type="button" onclick="saveForm(this)">Save</button>

Very slick!

Tom
kklosson

Post by kklosson »

Are these build available to everyone? Should I just download the latest from the web site?
tford

Post by tford »

Absolutely. Just download them from your account.

I monitor http://www.awareim.com/changelog/ with http://www.changedetection.com
jclark58

Post by jclark58 »

Thanks for sharing that Tom - the descriptions in the version file are terse to say the least.

I also monitor www.awareim.com/downloads.html which shows the version number - there can often be a day (or few) between when these pages get updates I have noticed.

I wonder why AwareIM keep their light under the bushel when it comes to advertising new features and fixes? A forum for New Releases that gets posted to as each version increment happens that includes descriptions and even documentation additions would be great.

ps I have something builtin to my AwareIM apps where users report bugs and can see my analysis and fix and where I put announcements of new versions as they are uploaded. They love it - every time I do some thing and make notes they get an email. I often get calls saying how busy I have been and how do they turn them off!?

Note to self. Must add checkboxes for "Keep me posted on all changes" or "Advise only when complete"
/John