Newbie Question Modifying CRM sample application

Contains tips for configurators working with Aware IM
jamesagada

Newbie Question Modifying CRM sample application

Post by jamesagada »

I am quite new to AwareIM.
I am working with the eval version on Suse 10.2.
As part of getting familiar with the product, I tried to modify the CRM sample application. I included a new business object Relationship to model the relationship between a customer and another customer. Relationship has RelationShipType, RelatedToCustomer and RelatedFromCustomer as attributes. RelatedTo and RelatedFrom are of type Customer. I will like to see the list of related parties in Customer and to be able to add new ones. When adding new ones, I will like to be able to pick the RelatedTo from a drop down list of Customers and fill in the ReltedFrom from the customer in the context. How do I achieve this?
tford

Post by tford »

aware_support

Post by aware_support »

1. When creating RelatedTo attribute of the Relationship object make sure that you also create a "matching attribute" in the Customer object, called, for example, Related. This will allow to view relationships from the Customer object.
2. Also when defining the RelatedTo attribute go to the Presentation of the attribute and specify that the attribute should be represented as a drop down. Aware IM will automatically fill up the drop down with existing customers.
3. Create a process called "DefineRelated" with the Customer object as parameter. The rule of the process should be:
ENTER NEW Relationship WITH Relationship.RelatedFrom = Customer

This process will automatically populate RelatedFrom from the context and display a form of the Relationship object where the user can pick "related to" from a drop down as defined in 2.

The process can be called from the form of the Customer object (define an operation on the form that starts the process). Alternatively the process can be called from the button next to the "Related" attribute of the Customer object defined in 1.
Aware IM Support Team