Business Object RelationshipS

Contains tips for configurators working with Aware IM
denisv

Business Object RelationshipS

Post by denisv »

I have a Business Object for Contacts and one for monthly collections which is set-up and working fine. There is a requirement to allocate a reference (envelope No) to each contact which is then used as the monthly collection entry reference.

There now is a requirement to have more than one reference (envelope no) on each client and the collection could be proper to one or either reference. I have created a Business Object to allow a client have more than one envelope number and put the monthly collection object related to it instead of the client direct.

Now I need to be able to display all collections for a client regardless of the envelop used. As the monthly collection is no longer an attribute of the client I can not simply add it to a subform on the main form.

If I want to create a query which I coudl run as a process above the main form, how can I pass the client ID from the client I am viewing into the query to return all monthly collections (I have shortcut the client ID from the client Business Object to the envelope object and on to the monthly collection object).
aware_support2

Post by aware_support2 »

I understand that an envelope always relates to a single client. What about a collection, does it relate to a single or multiple envelopes?
Aware IM Support Team
denisv

Post by denisv »

A collection relates to one envelope. There will be multiple collections against each envelope but a collection will not relate to more than one envelope.
aware_support2

Post by aware_support2 »

You do not need the client ID, shortcuts or processes to implement the required query. You can define a query that would look like this:

FIND Collection WHERE Collection.Envelope.Client = Client

This query requires a Client as a parameter. The system automatically places the Client displayed by the form into the context for all operations invoked from the form. Therefore, you can simply add an operation of type Run Query to the Client form and select the name of the above query for the operation.
Aware IM Support Team