Tips n' Techniques: Steps for changing default folder name

Contains tips for configurators working with Aware IM
himanshu

Post by himanshu »

yes, I already see at the above this and tried but not worked.

i added the same line in the last of UICofig.prop file.

NOT WORKED!!
From,
Himanshu Jain

AwareIM Consultant (since version 4.0)
DB: MYSQL, MSSQL
bartthefish

Post by bartthefish »

As a suggestion for the improvements list for future releases, perhaps we could see this functionality being part of the Control Panel "Settings" dialog
Justin
(v7.0 Build 2144) Windows. MSSQL Server
ACDC

Post by ACDC »

If you have changed the default folder then previewing forms will not work

To get the preview working you need to add the following property:

WebAppBase=YourFolderName

to the file UIConfig.props located in the BIN directory of your Aware IM installation.
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Most up-to-date instructions:

1. Rename C:\AwareIM\Tomcat\webapps\AwareIM directory to C:\AwareIM\Tomcat\webapps\newfoldername

2. Open the file web.xml located in the AwareIM/Tomcat/webapps/newfoldername/WEB-INF directory, search for AwareIM and replace it with newfoldername

3. Open the file aware.js located in C:\AwareIM\Tomcat\webapps\newfoldername\aware_ext, search for AwareIM and replace it with newfoldername

4. Open UIConfig.props file in /AwareIM/bin and add: OperationMode = http://localhost:8080/newfoldername/logonAdmin.html
Aware IM Support Team
marc

Post by marc »

I have installed Version 5.0 (1399) Today and have changed the .js files to the changed webapps\go path.
When I select a query no data are shown in the Output.
I had no problems with changing the webapps folder until 4.95.
Is there something new where I have to do changes?
I did also change the files in D:\tbs\Tomcat\webapps\go\aware_ext_mobile
<<Marc>>
marc

Post by marc »

There are also the following issues with 5.0:

1) The Loginform is always automatically centered and can't be poisitioned in a e.g. a DIV at a fixed position, in 4.98 it could be positioned.

2) After a Session was closed by Timeout the reconnect ignores the changed path of the webapp and redirects to the default ../AwareIM/.. and not to the custom path ../go/..

3) After a Session was logged off by usin´g the Logout Button it ignores the changed path of the webapp and redirects to the default ../AwareIM/.. and not to the custom path ../go/..
<<Marc>>
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

If you have changed the default Aware IM path you could have lost the changes in the file aware.js when you installed the upgrade. You need to perform those changes again.

Version 5.0 is no different from 4.95 in all the respects that you mention.
Aware IM Support Team
marc

Post by marc »

Thanks, you are right, the only "change" I have found is the following folder name \Tomcat\webapps\AwareIM\ext20 has changed to \Tomcat\webapps\AwareIM\ext30
<<Marc>>
leopdurr

Post by leopdurr »

I had the same issue. I follow this instruction

5. Open UIConfig.props file in /AwareIM/bin and add: OperationMode = http://localhost:8080/newfoldername/logonAdmin.html

and make the changes but when I am in Testing mode I click the operation button in the Configuration Tools it work perfectly, but on Control Panel it default to

http://localhost:8080/AwareIM/logon.html
I have to change to my custom path manually.

Where do I change it to my custom path?

thank for this post.

Leo
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

The latest Aware IM build 1420 includes a feature that allows you to specify web directory name when building a runtime. The feature will take care of all aspects of renaming the directory
Aware IM Support Team
pbrad

Post by pbrad »

Hi Support,
The improvements for runtime files are great but many of us deploy on our own servers. Any hope on the horizon for some kind of central config file where we can permanently store folder names etc....?
cheers,
Pete
Pete Bradstreet
Contract developer of commercialized applications

AwareIM Ver. 8.2
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Not in the nearest future, but we'll add your request to the TODO list.
Aware IM Support Team
leopdurr

Post by leopdurr »

I also notice that some of my query stop working after I make the changes. After I reverse the changes all my query began to function again. It was a good effort on providing these instructions but perhaps some further steps is missing.

Thanks
Leo
kbskilehrer

Post by kbskilehrer »

Here is an UPATE on the ‘Change default folder’ process.

Please note the latest post on this process by aware_support (Posted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:19 pm)

Step: 3. Open the file aware.js located in C:\AwareIM\Tomcat\webapps\newfoldername\aware_ext, search for AwareIM and replace it with newfoldername

Today I have installed version 5.1a (built 1444) and noticed the aware.js file has changed. I this built you can no longer simply do a search and replace of the word ‘AwareIM’ in this file.
The aware.js file now contains several references to ‘….AwareApp.AwareIMViewport….’. Do not replace ‘AwareIM’ in these references with your newFoldername.

First I did change these references and as a result I was no longer able to login to my application.
kbskilehrer

Post by kbskilehrer »

Just to add some more clarity. Essentially the only reference you need to replace with your newFolderName in the aware.js file, is in the following string:

'....version:"5.0",m_webAppPrefix:"/AwareIM",m_defaultForm...'