Differentiating Rules between Create and Save

Contains tips for configurators working with Aware IM
jclark58

Differentiating Rules between Create and Save

Post by jclark58 »

I have a situation where I collect Applications from an external web form that arrives via email using USING :

A Business object Application is created for each email and calls some rules to create Person and Client BOs from the application data. This works fine.

However, I also wish to create the Application BO interactively from a menu using CREATE Application but the rules fire too early ie in creation of the object and cause errors before I have enough data to meet the on create rules for the Person and Client objects.

How should I tackle this?

Also how should I prevent the system trying to create the Person and Client BOs again when I edit and Save the Application BO?
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

However, I also wish to create the Application BO interactively from a menu using CREATE Application but the rules fire too early ie in creation of the object and cause errors before I have enough data to meet the on create rules for the Person and Client objects.

Are you saying that the rules fire before the form is displayed? If so, you need to mark the rules as "not to be used during initialization" in the Advanced tab of the rule editor.

Also how should I prevent the system trying to create the Person and Client BOs again when I edit and Save the Application BO?

You can use the IS NEW condition to check if the object is being created.
Aware IM Support Team