How to show a table column value in a header

Contains tips for configurators working with Aware IM
ekwo

How to show a table column value in a header

Post by ekwo »

Hi
I have a one-row table containing status information.
How can I present a column value (status_code) from this table in a header.

I don't want to show the value using av query, it takes a lot of space.

Best regards
Evelyn
Jaymer

Re: How to show a table column value in a header

Post by Jaymer »

one idea. how about, as part of your process that displays the grid or form where you want to display this Status field, you read the single line from the file and store it in a SystemSettings field.
Then, in the Header of the form, you can use <<SystemSettings.StatusField>>

Since the only way to display the grid or form is for you process to run, you always grab the latest status, update the field, and then proceed with your VIEW form USING main (or whatever)
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL
ekwo

Post by ekwo »

Thank you Jaymer,
I ended up by like You suggested, and created a toolbar-text referring to the column <<LoggedInRegularUser.Temp_LastUpdatedFromPSDV>>

The value will not refresh if the data changes in the table, so I had to add a Refresh button as well.

I tried to create a process that ran every 5 seconds, with a DISPLAY RESPECTIVE as the last action. The process did refresh the data, but the user complained that they where interrupted when they was filtering because the filters also where refreshed.

Best regards
Ekwo
Jaymer

Post by Jaymer »

you said you wanted it in the header,
and you're right, it doesnt refresh up there the same as on the inside of a form.

if this was a form, you could use the top line in the form as an HTML row, and place the field there.
you can easily style it to make it jump out on the screen better.

but for a grid, if you wanted to get fancy, you could make it a VP with two content panels.
the top panel would show the System field, and the panel below the grid.
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL
hpl123

Post by hpl123 »

Feature request for support. I would love to have a function for this i.e a some type of AwareApp function or EXEC_SCRIPT variation that goes into the DB and refresh a value at a set interval.
Henrik (V8 Developer Ed. - Windows)