V8.6 is PCI DSS compliant

Contains tips for configurators working with Aware IM
Post Reply
Posts: 93
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:52 am
Location: Jaipur, India

V8.6 is PCI DSS compliant

Post by softserv »

Hurray, Good news is, we just upgraded one of our app from v 8.5 to 8.6 and ran PCI DSS compliance audit and our app PASSED the audit. We have not modified Tomcat for this audit. The latest Java and Tomcat 9.0 had done it on its own. Prior to 8.6 version, we have to make close to 30 changes in Tomcat and OS to make it compliant but with 8.6, 90% of the battle is won. Remaining 10% tasks are related to OS configuration like secure RDP, Telnet setup and secure accessibility configuration. If you are using Payment Gateways in your app or running Financial Transactions, its wise to upgrade to version 8.6. Just wanted to share as an FYI.
Audit status after upgrading to 8.6
Audit status after upgrading to 8.6
PCI_Comp.PNG (46.17 KiB) Viewed 15775 times
Team SoftServ

V8.3 2628 |V8.2 2574 |V8.1 2475 | V8.0 2372 | V7.1 2240 | V6.0 2042 | V5.9 1894
MS SQL Server | MySQL
AWS | Azure | Google Cloud

SoftServ - AwareIM
Posts: 2401
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:24 am
Location: Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia

Re: V8.6 is PCI DSS compliant

Post by customaware »

Excellent News.

Thanx Manoj for the update.
AwareIM 6.0, 8.7, 8.8, 9.0 , MariaDB, Windows 10, Ubuntu Linux. Theme: Default, Browser: Arc
Upcloud, Obsidian....
Post Reply