Links in line items

Contains tips for configurators working with Aware IM
joftech

Links in line items

Post by joftech »

Hi Support,

I have developed a invoiceng system where there is for example and Invoice Business Object, a InvoiceLineItem business object and a stock business object.

The objects are linked inline editing is enabled on the lineitems object.

The system works well in that you can select items to populate the invoice as in the Ordering example.

My customer wants to enter item codes (Barcodes that are in the stock file) on the invoice and not select the items form lists ie he wants to scan into the barcode field and have the details of the line item appear as it does in the ordering example. (Similar to how you would do this in Filemaker or Access)

I have tried several things t get this to work but cannot.

Suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Alan
aware_support2

Post by aware_support2 »

Hi Alan,

If the barcode scanner can be set to emulate the keyboard, i.e. to send the code into computer as a line of text that the user would enter using the keyboard, here is what you can do. Add the following filter query to the reference attribute LineItem.Product:

FIND Product WHERE Product.Code = ?'Product Code'

When the user clicks on the product name within the line item, the system will show the standard query parameter window where the user can enter the code - either manually or using the scanner. The system will then execute the query and show the product with the corresponding code, if one exists.
Aware IM Support Team
joftech

Post by joftech »

Hi Support,

This is not going to work for them. I need to be able to setujp something where LineItems.Barcode=Stock.Barcode ie Barcode is the primary key linking the 2 business objects together.

The invoice needs to works so that the barcode is entered directly into the line items triggering the other details such a description, price etc

Alan
aware_support2

Post by aware_support2 »

Hi Alan,

In this case, add attribute Barcode to object LineItem for the user to enter the code and modify the filter query as follows:

FIND Stock WHERE Stock.Barcode = LineItem.Barcode

To get the product details populated the user will enter/scan the barcode into the line item and click the product name icon.
Aware IM Support Team
aware_support2

Post by aware_support2 »

Further to the previous post, you can get the system automatically link LineItem with Stock without the user having to click the product name icon. This can be done by adding the flowing two-action rule to object LineItem:

If LineItem.Stock IS UNDEFINED Then
FIND Stock WHERE Stock.Barcode = LineItem.Barcode
LineItem.Stock = Stock

You need to mark the rule as 'dynamically re-calculated on form'. The rule will be executed when the user enters the barcode and presses the Tab key on the keyboard.

You need to download the latest software version for this functionality.
Aware IM Support Team
joftech

Post by joftech »

Hi

Than You support. The last idea worked exactly as I hoped.

This solves alot of problems

Thank You once again.

Alan