If you're looking for an update script...

Contains tips for configurators working with Aware IM
JonP

If you're looking for an update script...

Post by JonP »

I wanted to give a shout-out to Suwandy (member cishpix), who updated my server and wrote a script so I can do it myself going forward. If you are using Windows, it wouldn't be much effort for him to modify it for your setup (and I'm sure he can write one for Linux too). He's very reasonable.

Here's what it does in Suwandy's words:

"There are some steps that the script process when you run it

1. It shall stop your AwareIM service first before upgrade.
2. It shall create new AwareIM backup and save it as AwareIM-backup (folder name). If exists, it shall remove oldest backup and then create newest one.
3. The script will pause and you should download the latest update of AwareIM SETUP file from AwareIM site and run the installation.
4. After you done the installation, back to the script window and continue the upgrade process (just press Enter).
5. The script will apply your configuration from AwareIMVault folder to your new update installation
6. The last, it shall run the AwareIM services again, when it done just press Enter to close the upgrade window application."

Here's a demo:

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipM ... c1NEdOQ2dR
v8.1 on Windows 10 / MySQL 5.6 (local), v8.1 on Windows Server 2016 / MySQL 5.6 (server)
weblike

Re: If you're looking for an update script...

Post by weblike »

Very nice stuff.
Good boy Suwandy. :)
Thx,
George
DB: MySql 5.6.42